Chapter 6

Brent’s Point Of View

“How the hell does someone fall asleep while they’re getting a tattoo Soph?” Sophie glared at me as I called her by her true name, she really did hate it.

“I don’t know Brent. She is a weird on I’ll tell you that. When she turns up to school tomorrow, I’m betting that the Lucifer’s Daughter tattoo will be on full display, all the Jesus freaks are going to go absolutely mental haha.”

“Wait, how old is she?”

“Oh, I think she’s my age.”

“So I just gave a 17 year old schoolgirl those tats. Her father’s going to go mental. Holy shit. What if she only got them because her fathers a priest and she’s going through a rebellious stage and now those tats will always be on her body.” I heard a loud slap, and it was only then that I felt the stinging on my cheek, “What the hell Soph? Did you seriously just slap me?”

“Yes I did you idiot. You’re over thinking this way too much. I’m sure there’s a reasonable explanation to why she wanted those tattoos, but it’s none of our business so we’re not going to think about it. Are we clear?”

“You might only be 17 Soph, but sometimes you act way more mature than I do.”

“That’s because you have the mind of an annoying, whiney, little 13 year old schoolgirl.” I looked at Soph, but saw it wasn’t her saying that and turned around. “Seriously man. You woke me up. Not even needles poking into my back can do that. You sound like such a kid. My father lives far away and my mother died. I got the tattoos because they hold meaning behind them for me. Meanings that I am not going to share with you, so like Eden said, it’s none of your business.” Wow this girl had a mouth on her, suited her look too. Her hair was a lovely raven black and her eyes were as green as emeralds. Her lips as red as roses. It’s hard to think why such a beauty would want to scar her body with piercings and ink. Although it all just added to her beauty in the end.

“So did you like the outcome of both the tats or what?” Okay so that sounded more cocky than what I wanted it to, but oh well it sounded the way it sounded I guess.

“Yeah they look awesome. Thanks. How much do I owe you?” Hmmmm how much did she owe us? How much did she have?

“$750 should be enough I think.” Sophie answered for the both of us, and I guess she’s right.

“Righto, show me to your counter so I can pay.” That smile on her face was just gorgeous, too bad it was directed at Soph and not me. Wait I’m not allowed to think that. She’s 17, I’m 25, she’s gorgeous, but I think I’ll look at her as a sister. Just like the way I look at Soph.