Chapter Four

This is going to be a pretty short author's note. *woo hoo*

I'm rushing this part, yeah just a little, cause I've got to get to volleyball practice! Anyways, I'm a little late with my upload, but I made it worth your time. It's pretty long so please enjoy!

Tell me what you think!

Vote, Comment, Fan

Summer xoxo

                                          ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆      

                                         Chapter Four

"What!" Layla shrieks half in fear and the other in excitement.

"Travis is my partner for a class I'm taking." I repeat again, much slower this time. To be honest, I know she doesn't literally mean for me to repeat it, but since it's the reaction I've been getting recently, might as well make the most of it.

"I heard it the first time smarty pants," Layla rolls her eyes and follows me to my locker, "I just don't know why you're telling me now."

"When else would I have told you?"

"Uhhhh," She pauses and puts a finger to her chin, pretending to think, "I dunno...Maybe yesterday? When you just found out?"

"Well yesterday you seemed busy with 'president' stuff, and I didn't want to interrupt." I hurry over the words, trying to find an easy excuse for simply not wanting to make a big deal out of it again.

"Oh that's bull missy," She narrows her eyes and points a finger at me accusingly, "Why are you telling me now then?"

I sigh, "I have to work on the project with him today after school at our house."

I cringe and wait for a high pitched scream, or something of that sort.

"He's wha-" She stops herself and glares when she sees that I'm about to repeat myself, "No. That's not happening!"

I stop emptying out some of the contents from my bag and look up at her, "I don't want to get an 'F' just because-"

"It's not going to happen, Faye!" She wags her finger around like a big 'no no', "I won't have a criminal in my house."

I huff and fold my arms across my chest, "Fine. I guess I'm going to his place then."

Her eyes widen, and I bite my lip to stop myself from cracking the smile.

"No!"

"Layla, I already love you," I start off honestly, "but I'm getting this project done no matter what."

She clenches her jaw and looks around as people start filing into the school.

"Fine." She grinds out, "But he is coming to our house, and he will be watched."

I mentally fist pump, and manage to raise an eyebrow at her adorable threat, "And who will be watching?"

"Me of course." Layla says in the 'duh tone'.

"Right..." I trail off while starting to walk off, "And what if he tries to rape me?"

"Faye!" Layla warns loudly as I get farther.

I laugh and shake my head at the expression she must have on right now.

I hear the bell ring the moment I reach the classroom door, and I smile to myself before walking in.