Chapter Eleven

Hey, I'm sorry for the wait. 

I hope y'all had an amazing, Happy New Year! 

My goal with a revised PWF was to slow things down a bit. Well, I feel like I've done a pretty good job building, so here's where all the fun truly begins. I'm squealing at the thought of writing all those Traye/Favis scenes again! 

Can I get 90 votes and 10 comments? 

VOMMENT. 

Enjoy,

xxSummerxx

                                       ❅ ❄ ❆ ❅ ❄ ❆ ❅ ❄ 

                                       Chapter Eleven

       Bill shoves him harder against the wall, grazing his knife along the surface of Travis’s neck. I slap a hand to my mouth as I feel a scream building at the base of my throat. My legs twitch, shaking in adrenaline, as I calculate my chances of making it out alive if I attempt to help him.

            Two is always better than one. I conclude, eyeing the knife the man is still holding.  

         A wash of courage and determination rushes through my as I push myself off the wall and get ready to barge in.

         When I was younger, I had always wondered what would be the best way to die. I came to the conclusion that I’d rather die to save someone than to die being saved.

         With that final thought, I bite my lip and squeeze my eyes shut in a final attempt to encourage myself. Only, when I finally get the guts, I hear the man grunt and a thud follows after a few short seconds. Flabbergasted and somewhat relieved, I look up, only to have dread and bile form at the pit of my stomach.

          There Travis stood, inches from his original position against the wall, with a sleek, black gun trained firmly in his grip.

           I don’t even recognize my trembling voice when a bloodcurdling scream rips its way out of my mouth.

                                                   ∞

                                         An Hour Ago

           Sunday is lazy day.

           The day that mostly everyone does nothing.

            Unlike that majority, I have been sitting on the couch waiting for something to happen. Perhaps, a long awaited phone call from Hangover Travis. Ever since that night he got drunk and landed on my side of the beach, he hasn’t said a word to me. At first, I didn’t mind.

            However, when he decided to dump the entire project on me by not showing up—again, I got a little annoyed.

            "He’s so cute," Layla sighs, her face buried in a pillow besides me, "Wes Hayden. Even his name makes me melt."

           I yank my glare away from the phone to give an oblivious Layla an amused look, “You’ve been talking about him nonstop.”

             "He’s hot." She insists, kicking her feet up in the air carelessly.

             I let out a lazy laugh and slump even lower in my seat, “He is.”

             "Have you moved on from Travis already?" Layla snorts while I give her a dry look.