Chapter Two-Changes

"Tony. No. Put that the fuck down!" I hiss, pressing my hand against my forehead. Tony's smirk strengthens and he waggles a finger at me.

"Language, Amelia." He scolds and its hard to resist cussing him out. I grab the stiletto heels from his hands and gently put them down to prevent any wear.

"Ah, so you do at least know my actual name." I sass and he sighs at my attitude. He looks pretty comical anyways with his big sunglasses, weird fedora, and loose sweatshirt sitting over a red t-shirt. Incognito, he said. Sketchy, I say. "Tony, I've gotten most of my clothes from thrift stores, this is a luxury I don't need." My voice gets more heated as we continue walking through the store. Tony sighs again. No doubt he's tired of this. I made this argument before we even stepped in the store.

"Sweetie, it's fine. I have more than enough money to buy this entire company, so don't worry about clothes. Pick what you like. It's that simple." He knuckles under my chin then pushes me towards the clothing racks. Sweetie repeats in my head and I do my best not to dwell on it, knowing perfectly well I will anyway.

"It's wasteful, Tony..." I continue objecting and he stops me in my tracks with a gentle hand on my shoulder. For a moment, he lets his sunglasses drop on his nose so I can see his hazel eyes. I can't help but squirm a bit under his tender gaze. I'm not used to people looking at me like that.

"Alright. What is this really about?" He asks, eyes searching and shockingly patient. I purse my lips for a moment, weighing my options.

"I don't want to owe you anything." I grumble, thinking back to all the sugar daddies and boyfriends my mom has had that gave her nice gifts, but that always wanted more in return.

"Aw, kiddo." He sighs and presses his fingers to his lips for a moment. "I don't expect you to give me anything back, Amelia. I'm giving because I want to give. Don't think for a moment that I want anything from you but your company." Tony tells me firmly, but with a surprising amount of tenderness. A few moments pass of me looking into his eyes and considering his words.

"Fine." I agree and Tony sighs with relief.

"Good. And nothing I spend on you is a waste. God, I've got to teach you to be more of a glutton." He grins at me and fluffs my hair, then fixes his glasses. I quickly bat his hand away as I hide a smile. "Now, go choose stuff or I'll do it for you. I mean, I will anyways, but this way at least some of your stuff will be chosen by you." Tony encourages and I accept this, although I pout when he has people take things to the counter when he catches me keeping track of the prices. He watches me carefully before picking out things himself and I'm shocked to find he actually picks stuff I like; including a camouflage jacket and an AC/DC shirt. I keep to jeans, shorts, and t-shirts, but Tony picks up jackets, shoes, even a skirt or two. He notices me watching him grab a burgundy skirt with gold buttons down the front and smirks at my scrunched-up nose. "I used to hate wearing suits, but you'd be surprised what looking professional can get you. Just try it." I purse my lips, but nod once.

"Do you only ever think of profit?" I ask and grimace when it comes out sounding a little harsher than I meant it to. Tony huffs in response.

"How long is it going to take before you like me, kiddo? It's something that has to be thought about. I prefer your methods of thinking though." A smirk alights his face as I pause to look at him. "Codes, inventions, equations." He explains and coaxes a little smile out of me.

"That isn't all I think about, you know." I reveal and move opposite him with a rack between us. His glasses fall again and I can see the crinkles beside his eyes from his smile when he meets my eyes. I continue, "I think about money, the crazy big bathtub in my room, uh..."