The OTHER Wolves

We have listed the most common order of hierarchy in a previous chapter. Here we will be looking a little more at less mentioned but just as important to know members of the pack. Now let's take a look at Gammas, Epsilons, Deltas and Zetas as well as a little information about each of them.

A true Gamma wolf is so rare that it appears only once in every hundred years. They are created when a "True Alpha" bites a human.

Gamma werewolves in the hierarchy sense are usually third in command and a part of the inner council. An Epsilon that is a proven 'military leader' oftentimes end up being promoted to Gamma when the role is vacant.

These werewolves fill a variety of roles, depending on the individual chosen for them. They may have been chosen because their advice is sought and respected, or because they are capable of helping maintain order within the pack and leading others.They should also capable of taking care of the pack if something happens to the higher ranks.

Epsilon werewolves are made for war. These wolves are werewolves turned by Gammas, they've known to be very violent when rogue and usually only listen to Gamma's or Alphas, when under the wrong command or when rogue they can become dangerous hunting machines. Most werewolves are against the creation of epsilon because stories say that epsilon werewolves are purely created for destruction and war. Epsilon wolves have purple eyes and stronger senses than a normal werewolf, as well as longer claws.

An epsilons true nature is commonly only seen when a epsilon goes rogue.If an Epsilon goes rogue they have 'no sense of humanity' and never transform back into their human self, they are said to be dangerous and powerful and that it takes two alphas to take down one.

Epsilons and Gammas are connected.

Even though it may seem cool to be a Gamma, it hurts them more when an epsilon dies because they feel the physical pain their epsilon goes through and severing the mind link harms the gamma by the emotions being there, Epsilons only feel the mind link disappearing.

A Gammas and epsilons can hear each other's thoughts when far away and can sense when one of their epsilon is harmed or dead.

Delta or "Solstice" wolf are so named because there are two different entities inside of them.

The wolf, which has no form of humanity and doesn't really care about the world around it and then there's their true human form. Coincidentally that's why Deltas have two different eye colors: one green and one blue. Some Deltas have been known to control both wolf and human side but it's very rare. Most of the time they appear to have dual personalities.

The perks of being a Delta is the ability to change any time, full moon or not. They are partially wolfsbane immune. Heightened senses such as being able to detect dangers to themselves or the pack before anyone else. And last but not least; a Delta Werewolf has the ability to take the powers from the other Werewolves including Alpha, Beta, and Omega. The Delta Werewolf can turn a bitten Alpha, Beta, or Omega human with this ability, and can turn a born Werewolf that is an Alpha into a Beta Werewolf. (WARNING: The only way for a Delta Werewolf to do this is to stab the other Werewolf in the neck with their claws.)

Unfortunately due to the instability and unpredictability of a Deltas emotions they become prime targets for wolf hunters.

Zeta werewolves are a variant of Beta Werewolves that specialize in Strategy and coordination, the intelligent Zeta werewolves tend to be the 'left hand" of the Alphas.

The list of abilities a Zeta has is more extensive than one would think. Zeta Werewolves are much faster than humans, Beta werewolves and sometimes even an Alpha werewolf, their speed carries over into their human forms and they can move sometimes like a blur. Superhuman agility, heightened senses. When shifted a Zeta Werewolf is the Cornerstone of the Pack's communications, having a mental link stronger than the Alpha Werewolf, which connects to not only turned Werewolves but born Werewolves too. Many, even in their human form, can sense the intent of his Werewolf kin and their state of mind although they cannot communicate with them.

A Zeta Werewolf gains (this may lead many to finding a pack and becoming a Zeta) superhuman intelligence and is able to understand things in a very short time, they are also unlikely to make the same mistakes twice. Accelerated healing, immune to Genetic diseases such as Cancer and many illnesses, they can however get the common cold.