Death of the Doctor - Making of the Key

Start from the beginning

"There, that should work. Intergalactic molecular streaming, with just a hint of blackcurrant." The Doctor says and I go up to him and hug him.
"Always so extra." I say, wrapping my arms around his waist from the side.
"Like you can talk." He scoffs and I chuckle.
"But what'll happen to Clyde?" Sarah Jane asks.
"No, no, no, I've fixed it. All I needed was you two. Oil and sonic. Now we can go back and Clyde can stay where he is. Hold tight." The Doctor says, grabbing mine and Jo's hand as I take Sarah Jane's and we disappear, materialising in the dormitory, only to hear the others in the vents shouting for the Doctor.
"Then again, maybe leaving Clyde in the same place wasn't such a good idea." The Doctor comments as we run to the vent. He takes off the cover once Sarah Jane sonics it. "Ah! Ventilation shafts. That takes me back. Or even forwards." He says, climbing in and beginning to crawl. I climb in after him and Jo calls in behind us.
"Don't worry, Santiago, I'm here. You go first. You've got the sonic lipstick." She says and I stop when I hear struggle, the Doctor looks back too.
"I'll go back and check, you keep going." I tell him and he nods, continuing. When I get to the opening I see the Shansheeth holding Sarah Jane and Jo and before I have a chance to avoid their grips, I'm pulled out of the vent and dragged out of the dormitory.

We reach a room filled with technology, the most obvious technology being the Tardis sat in the back of the room. The woman from earlier in the army uniform was stood in the centre at the controls and looks to us as we're walked in. "I didn't trust you, Colonel, from the moment I met you." Sarah Jane says bitterly.
"Like I care. Frankly, I've never met anyone so staggeringly pious in all my life. Now then. The chamber's sealed off. The Doctor would need half a ton of dynamite to get through that." The colonel says as the door seal shut behind us.
"The Tardis. I never thought I'd see it again." Jo says, gawking at the police box.
"That's what this is all about. The Tardis, and you." She says. "Place them in the Memory Weave." She says.
"What you think you can get into her without the key?" I ask letting out a mocking laugh.
"Yes." She says simply as she locks me into place and I sneer at her.

"So go on then. Tell us, what exactly does a Memory Weave do?" I ask as I watch the Shansheeth and colonel.
"Yes, becaus i warn you, darling, the memory's going at my age." Jo says and I laugh quietly.
"You need remember only one thing." The main Shansheeth says.
"And what's that?" Sarah Jane asks.
"The Tardis key."
"Well, whoopee for me, I've only seen it once, and that was only at a glance, I wouldn't be able to give you any memory to make a key." I say honestly.
"Well then, it's a good thing that all we need is memory of the Tardis and guess what, there's a piece of the Tardis right inside you and part of the reason we have you is to drain you of your Tardis energy to make the key real." The Colonel says and I go quiet, not having a retort to that. "The Weave takes the memory out of your head, and makes it real. This device can build a physical key out of your thoughts." She explains.
"And then, we will have access to the Tardis. The most miraculous machine in creation will be ours." The Shansheeth marvels and I bow my head, worried now.
"No, you can't!" Jo says before crying out in pain.
"We have seen so much of death. The Shansheeth have presided over infinite funerals. We see the pain and the suffering again and again and again. But with the Tardis, we can stop this. We can intervene to prevent the loss of life on a universal scale." The Shansheeth clarifies.
"You're going to stop death?" Sarah Jane asks, doubtful.
"Nice thought, complete wrong way to go about it. Might I add, impossible?" I say angrily.
"And dangerous, you'll change the whole of history. That's why creatures like you can't have time machines. Because you'll wreck the entire universe." Sarah Jane adds.
"What did I say? Pious." The colonel says to the Shansheeth.
"Oh yeah? Well, I'd rather be pious than vile. What do you get out of this, Colonel?" She asks the Colonel.
"A bigger horizon, Miss Smith. The Shansheeth can take me to the stars, because there is nothing left for me here on Earth. Not anymore. Accelerate the Weave." A splitting pain goes through my head and chest as I cry out in pain.