Death of the Doctor - Old Friends

Start from the beginning

After I got changed into some more decent clothes, we both spend the next two hours searching for objects and then putting them together creating some weird structure. "Okay, so what exactly does this do?" I ask him once we finish.
"It's going to key into a boy called Clyde's residual artron energy so that we can do a swap with him so that we can use him as an anchor to pull us over ten thousand light years." He explains.
"Will that hurt?" I ask.
"Urgh, not sure." He admits, turning it on, and taking my hand with one hand and touching the device with the other. Suddenly I can hear a conversation.
"If they're lying, that means the Doctor's still alive. Yes!" A woman's voice calls, it felt the same way it felt to talk to the Tardis, I was awake and conscious and in the same place, but I could hear a conversation in my head.
"Of course I'm still live, Jo. I thought that was obvious. Catch up." The Doctor says as he tinkers with the device, still holding my hand.
"I beg your pardon?" Jo's voice says.
"Clyde, is that you?" A different woman's voice asks.
"Course it's not. It's me. I'm using Clyde as a receiver. 've keyed into his residual artron energy so I can organise a very complicated biological swap across ten thousand light years. Hold on." The Doctor repeats what he told me before finally making the device sparks. The Doctor cries out as artron energy surrounds him, but doesn't surround me. It stops only for a moment and he looks to his hands. "He-Hey! Cool. Look at my hands." He says before sparking again and getting fully replaced by a teenage kid, who I'm assuming is Clyde, facing the other way from me
"Dammit!" I shout for the second time today as I turn away from Clyde, annoyed that it hadn't worked properly, but not completely surprised. He spins around very disorientated as he looks to me.
"Wh-who are you? Where's the Doctor?" Clyde asks.
"Long story, Clyde." I explain, crouching down in front of the device, trying to find what went wrong.
"Are you the Doctor?" He asks looking to me warily.
"What? No!" I say, shocked by the question. "I mean I get why you assumed that, I know your name, I'm obviously a friend of the Doctor's and it's quite normal for a Time Lord to regenerate as a woman from being a man, and I mean I wouldn't mind that either, you know I go both ways and I love him so I wouldn't care, and you can feel free to stop me talking whenever you like, I tend to ramble when I get nervous, and considering we've already lost the Tardis, and the Doctor is ten thousand light years away and I'm stuck on a planet with a, what, sixteen year old? I feel a little anxious, and you know anxiety doesn't bode well with me-."
"You're a friend of the Doctor's?" Clyde asks, cutting my rambling at least a little short.
"Friend isn't exactly what I'd call it." I explain as I stand off, wiping down my palms on my grubby jeans. "Mackenzie Pond. AKA Guardian." I say, offering him my hand, which he takes and shakes it. "I'm gonna kill that man." I say to myself, turning to the device again kicking it a couple of times frustrated. Then suddenly I appear in a corridor, with the Doctor crouched on the floor yelling as a Shansheeth sends some kind of electrical charge at him. I don't waste a moment before running to the Doctor and throwing myself in the way of the charge, crying out as the pain runs over me, but cuts short as they stop hurting me.
"Guardian, we don't want you dead, move aside." The Shansheeth orders as I stand up, the Doctor doing so too, but before I can reply a blue glow comes from behind me and I turn to see Clyde again.
"That does make this easier, I guess." I say, happy the Doctor was a little further from danger as Clyde turns, looking to me and then the people that I notice are behind us.
"But I was on a planet." Clyde says looking to them confused but, one of the women don't give him a chance to speak any further.
"Never mind that. Run!" She yells and we all run. I run behind Clyde, making sure no one's behind me as we go along the corridor. I watch as Clyde transforms into the Doctor and I run up behind him, grabbing his hand and pulling him after me as I laugh, missing this, to see the woman holding the door open to get everyone through. "Faster!" She instructs before the Doctor and I reach the doorway.
"Come along, Smith." The Doctor says to her as I pull him past her and I pause a moment.
"Wait, Smith, as in Sarah Jane Smith?" I ask, having him now pull me as I wait for her, wanting to get a look at her, but getting dragged by the Doctor. She catches up to us and runs alongside me. "Nice to meet you Sarah Jane, I've heard a lot about you!" I say as we turn a corner.
"Pond! Run now, chat later." The Doctor instructs me.
"Oi, don't tell me what to do." I scold him as we reach a dormitory, everyone files in and the Doctor and I pause outside as a woman in army uniform walks towards us.
"I'm sorry, is there a problem?" She asks as I go in, pulling the Doctor after me and he slams the door, before opening it and looking to her a moment, confused.
"Sorry, I was slamming it." The Doctor says, slamming it shut again.

Once the doors shut behind us, the Doctor and I back up against the door, securing it shut. "Right. Now we need to lock it. Come on, use the sonic lipstick." The Doctor instructs Sarah Jane.
"Haven't you got the screwdriver?" She asks.
"They took it." The Doctor replies, obviously hoping I wouldn't speak up.
"No, they didn't take it, they took the Tardis and you left the sonic in the Tardis." I say to him and he smiles a me guiltily. Sarah Jane sonics the door and we move away, as the other woman, I'm assuming is Jo gasps.
"They do sonic lipsticks now."
"We're running out of time. I need you, Sarah, and you, Jo. And Mackenzie, but that's a given." He says taking their hands."
"Need us for what?" Jo asks.
"Remember the old days when we'd go zooming off to faraway worlds?" He asks and nods to me as I quickly grab Sarah Jane's hand and we appear back on the planet.
The Doctor and I instantly pay our full attention to the device as I crouch down in front of it. "You kicked it?" He asks.
"Yes, I kicked it I was panicking." I tell him and he scoffs.
"Hippocrite." He mutters.
"Excuse me, at least when I kick things they don't feel it." I say to him. "And you wonder why T doesn't take you where you want to go." I say to him standing up.
"Where are we?" Sarah Jane asks.
"The Wasteland of the Crimson Heart." I tell her before pointing in the opposite direction as Jo turns around to face where I'm pointing. "Planet Earth's that way. Bit of a long walk." I smile as Jo stares at the horizon in amazement.
"Sonic, please." The Doctor says getting up and going over to Sarah Jane.
"It's so many years since I was on another planet." Jo comments and Sarah Jane turns as well, taken by surprise as well.
"Me too." They both stare out into the horizon and the Doctor and I smile to them.