Heart Of a Mortal

Pic on the side is Atremis.

THEN:

I sat beside Athena at the small table, watching in my mirror as some mortals danced in my honor. Athena was reading a book, it was a quiet day on Olympus. I looked up though when hearing a chair being moved. Artemis, Goddess of the night and of the hunt sat in front of me. She sat her bow and arrows on the table and looked at me. She was in the form of a young girl, like her maidens.

"I don't understand, why do you refuse to be on the council?" She asked. Athena paused in turning a page in her book, I tried not to chuckle. I smiled at her.

"Well, I do not think it fair." I said simply. Athena had shut her book and sat it down now. She looked over to me as well with raised eyebrows.

"Not fair? How in the Heaven's name is it not fair Veranna?" She asked, curious. I couldn't help it, I chuckled.

"Well, think of it in the view of the other Gods and Goddesses. The minor ones to be precise. To have a mere mortal be turned into a Goddess and given a seat in the council? All while there are more experienced, older, and most likely wiser Gods and Goddesses who will think that I do not deserve a place there. Those spots should be reserved for those that were born Gods, that way there won't be an uproar among the minor Gods and Goddesses." I explained. Athena nodded her head understanding the logic.

"Yes, there would be argument as to whether you deserve the spot, concerning your mortal mother." She said, eyes deep in thought. Artemis snorted, looking away.

"So you're turning it down because of being born a mortal?" She asked, straight to the point. I shrugged.

"In a way, yes that is why I am doing so." She shook her head, and looked at me smiling.

"I think we can get along Veranna, you are different from the others. I like that." She said. Athena picked her book back up, seeming bored with the comment.

"Of course she is different from us. She was born from a mortal and thus thinks like one in Godly form. Give her a few hundred years and she'll be like the rest of us." She said. Artemis ignored her though.

~~~~

NOW:

I walked the crowded halls to the back entrance, where both the gardens and the forest are. While passing by I crossed Snape's potions class and walked in. His class was still going, most likely someone had gotten on his bad side so now the whole class is suffering. I walked to his desk, where he was writing in a book.

"Professor Snape, why are the students not going to lunch?" I asked with a smile. Snape looked at me, then snapped his book shut.

"They are writing the ingredients on the board into their journals as notes. They will not leave until I check the journals and approve." He explained, walking towards me. I chuckled. Snape always amused me in some way for a reason.

"Yes well, be sure not to take too long. I'm sure they're hungry." I quipped, glancing at the students who were writing as fast as they could. Snape huffed glaring at the students.

"I'll keep that in mind." He then turned to me. "What do I owe the pleasure of seeing you?" I frowned, my anger spiking from the hostility from his tone and from remembering that Draco boy.

"About that, may I see you in private?" I asked, tone bright and cheery but my eyes hard as stone. Snape best be careful, he's treading on thin ice now. Luckily for him he noticed my mood and dismissed the class. Once the students were gone Snape face me with that scowl of his.