Prolouge: A Mother Knows

I am rewriting this story, because upon reading it reccently, I found that I did not like what I saw. So, as a warning, to those who have read this before 9/25/14 things will be different.

"You my dear are very special." The girl looked up to her mother the woman brushed her daughter's  hair. She smiled warmly at the child. "You see, the Goddess Hecate has blessed you with a gift. A wonderful gift that makes you very special." She continued. After the mother was done brushing the girl's hair the child crawled into bed and watched her mother tuck the blankets in.

"But, why did she bless me mother?" The girl asked. The mother chuckled and poked the child's nose playfully.

"That my dear is a secret. But, you are destined for great things, you are very special indeed." The girl frowned, and yawned. As she closed her eyes the girl went to ask one last question before Morpheous took her into her dreams.

"How do you know that, mother?" In the girl's blurry vision she saw her mother pick up the candle holder and walk to the door, her dress seeming to melt with her skin.

"A mother knows these things my dear. Someday, you will know that." That was the last thing the girl heard before darkness swallowed her.