They Catch You Singing

Jack Skellington

November was coming to a close, and Jack knew you were excited. You, like your father, loved Christmas with a burning passion. He was busy setting up the tree when he heard cheery music from your room. He smiled, and walked up the stairs to see what was going on. When he got to your bedroom door, he quietly opened the door a crack and peeked in. You were dancing around your room singing "That's Christmas To Me" by Pentatonix.

When you got near the end of the song, you belted out the notes in a powerful voice that gave Jack warm fuzzies in his chest. He started to close your door, but the iron hinges creaked, catching your attention. "D-D-Dad?!" You yelled, an embarrassed blush on your cheeks. "Aww c'mon, Y/N. You're a great singer!" Jack laughed as you shoved him out of your room. He snickered a bit, and started walking away. "Well, I guess I'll have to make that giant gingerbread house without ya!" Jack said jokingly.

In half a second, your door burst open, revealing an excited you. "S-Say.....no.....more...."

Edward Scissorhands

You felt bored, so you grabbed your violin you got for Christmas the year before and wondered what to play. Soon enough, your favorite song popped into your head. A large smile spread across your face as you stood up and readied your bow. Meanwhile, Edward was cutting hedges into beautiful shapes when he heard your violin accompanied by singing. He looked into your room and found you singing in the most beautiful voice he'd ever heard and hitting every note perfectly.

I hear Jerusalem bells a-ringing

Roman cavalry choirs a-singing

Be my mirror, my sword and shield

My missionaries in a foreign field

For some reason I can't explain

I know St. Peter will call my name

Never an honest word

But that was when I ruled the world...

Edward's eyes filled with tears and he smiled at how much you'd improved with your violin. You were horrible at it when you first got it. At least, that's what you thought. You got much better, though. "That was absolutely amazing, Snowflake..." Edward whispered, letting the tears fall down his cheeks. You smiled, putting away your violin.

"Thanks, Daddy...." You both went downstairs to spend some Father Son/Daughter time outside in the summer sunshine.

Beetlejuice

You and your father loved watching Friends, and since it was on every Wednesday, you were always excited. After the show was over for the day, you went to bed. Later that night, Beetlejuice heard the sound of someone humming upstairs. He laughed to himself, knowing it was you. He decided to surprise you, so he snuck upstairs and went up behind you just when you started singing.

"So no one told you life was gonna be this wayyyy!"

*CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP!*

"Y-"

You froze up for a moment, then slowly turned around. The look on your face was priceless, so in a matter of seconds, Beetlejuice was rolling on the floor laughing. "Yeah yeah, laugh it up, Papa.." You said, annoyed. Then again, you couldn't stay annoyed for long, so you immediately cracked up and joined him on the floor until you both were out of breath and had tear soaked faces and rug burns.

Sweeney Todd

Sweeney knew you had a fascination for the ocean, so it was no surprise that when you watched Pirates of the Caribbean, you sang along with the mermaids. You thought you were alone, so you let your voice out as best you could. You didn't see your dad watching you, a smirk on his face. "F-FATHER!!!" You screamed, your face red as a tomato. "I think your singing voice is lovely." Your face softened, and a smile adorned your face.

"Have a seat, Father. We'll watch this together." Sweeney smiled widely, and joined you on the couch.