danger, danger

kapitel eins [01]

......

"i remember finding her writhing around in her sweat and blood stained sheets. she hurt herself again, but in her sleep this time. it was really scary. the next morning, she wouldn't remember anything, but she'd start crying and she'd whisper things i wouldn't understand, and it would literally creep me out, then she'd burst out laughing."

bobby tried to recall all of what his sister used to tell him about her dreams, but that's all he could say.

"most of what she told me was the same, but i don't remember anything else. i was scared- too scared to even share a room with her anymore. i ended staying in the room on the first floor, next to my parents' bedroom, leaving her alone upstairs. that's when everything got worse."

bobby stiffened up as he thought about it. his palms were sweating and he felt an itch at the back of his throat. 

"one night, i remember being woken up by her screaming. my parents rushed up to her, but i was scared... i didn't want to see her. it was until my dad brought her downstairs, into the living room. she was unconscious, and was bleeding profusly. my dad said she was barely breathing and we rushed her to the hospital."

the therapist looked up at bobby for once, and asked, "what happened after that?"

"look, i can't go on... i just can't. i wanna go home," he bit his lip, keeping himself from crying. "bobby, i know it's hard, but you need to tell me," she said.

the boy sighed and nodded. he closed his eyes, and the memories of that night washed over him like large waves. 

"we took her to the er, and we waited, and waited. we waited for countless hours. we waited till the sun rose the next morning. the doctors told us she would be okay, but she just needed some blood. so, we arranged for the blood. my mom broke down crying, and my dad just kept sighing. he had suggested taking her to another doctor. i told him that she was already with one, and he told me it's a special kind of doctor. i didn't know what he was talking about."

"when you found out that the kind of doctor he was talking about was a mental help doctor, how did you feel?"

"well, i started believing that my sister was crazy, but he said not to say that. she just needed some extra, special help, and that she would get better soon."

"and, did she?"

"a little, but it was like a flash of lightening, and everything went crumbling down again."

"how was she treated at school? and how did it affect you?"

bobby scratched his head and shrugged.

"she was a grade higher than me, and well, she didn't have any friends. it was because she was schitzophrenic. the doctors wanted to admit her permanently, but my parents said she'll stay for about six months, and in six months, she improved a little, so she got to come back home. she started normal school again the fall. no one talked to her; they all thought she was crazy, but i started to defend her. she told me not to, because she could handle it, so i listened to her. "

"i remember they used yell 'danger, danger' whenever she was around. she punched a guy in the face for it."

_____________________

the halls filled with whispers as rose allen walked, her head hung low, her clothes ragged and her hair short and choppy, obviously with too many colors in it. bobby stood by his friends, will and jace, as they watched everyone talk and whisper and laugh and point. 

"danger, danger!" a boy named bruce yelled and laughed. rose's jaw tightened, and she clenched her fist. she walked up to him and stared him in the eyes. her dark, almost black, pupils stared into his hazel brown owns, and it creeped him out. suddenly, her small, pale fist connected with his square jaw and he lost balance. 

bobby and his friends laughed, and his sister smiled at them and continued her way to class.

......

so, this happened. pray that i don't delete this too.