"Okay?" Aiden asked, raising a brow at me.

     I flushed an angry red. "I'm sorry, what?"

    He laughed and started driving again as the light turned green. "I said, after pizza, I was thinking we could see that new Angelina Jolie movie - Undead something?"

    "Sure." I smiled again.

    "You don't seem to have much of a vocabulary tonight." Aiden noted calmly.

    "Ouch." I laughed. "What happened to Mr. Give off Compliments like the Sun Gives off Heat guy? Or was that just for show?"

    "That was a bad simile." Was all he said.

    "This might not work out, I did just agree for the free boost of self-esteem."

    "Ah-ha!" Aiden cried, pointing at me with his free hand. "I knew that was your secret intention."

    "It really wasn't much of a secret."

    He flicked my nose and I flushed again.

    Aiden pulled up to the Shack's lot and parked in no time. I ran my palms over my jean covered legs nervously and breathed out.

     You can do this, Carly.

     I noticed Aiden had already vacated the vehicle and I quickly hurried after. Aiden froze beside me and frowned slightly as I slammed the door shut.

     "I was going to that." He frowned and gestured to the door.

     "Oh," I frowned also and shoved my hands in my pocket. I didn't say anything.

     Aiden shrugged it off and wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me close as we started walking. I squirmed uncomfortable as his arm hung heavy around me. I wasn't sure if this much touching was normal for first dates but I couldn't say I was comfortable with it yet.

     As Aiden held open the door to the Shack and waited for me to go first I took my chance and slid out of his grip, walking a bit ahead.

     The Shack wasn't what I expected. In the rare moments were I succumb to teenage dreaming I had thought of the Shack as a wide and dark room full of drunk buffoons, model like girls prancing around in little to no clothing and some type of illegal drug antics going on in a dark corner. My imagination ran a little wild according to the real image.

    The Shack was a brightly lit dinner type place with loud but not Abercrombie loud music playing from some speakers. It buzzed with good energy and laughter, practically every booth full with rambunctious teenagers. There was a game section set up in the corner with one of those through ball things that I had nor coordination for and a pool table which also didn't work for me.

     Somehow, between my wide eyed gaze and momentary pause to take in everything, Aiden had managed to slip his arm back around me and snagged me to him even closer than before. I squirmed again.

     He started to walk and I went with him. He passed by all the loud booths and moved closer to the back, the back corner, to be exact. I heard about this corner from excited girls that talk too loud during class. I do not want to be in this corner.

     Aiden slid into one side of the booth and I hurriedly slid into the other one. Aiden frowned at me but didn't say anything. I figured he expected me to sit beside him but there was no way I was doing that.

     He picked up the menu and I did the same. I skimmed my eyes over it and chewed nervously on my bottom lip. I had a feeling this date isn't going to well but I couldn't be sure Aiden felt the same. I peeped my eyes over the menu and studied him discreetly. I felt like Jackie Chan only a little less ninja and Chinese.