Chapter 14

The officer led Karma and me to the room where Gakashu and Mr. Asano sat, waiting. When I entered, they both looked up with wide, hopeful eyes, and when they saw it was who they wanted, their eyes narrowed. Mr. Asano's stare seemed much more lethal than Gakashu's. They stood and Mr. Asano approached me while Gakashu hung back. Karma slipped away and sat in the chair closest to the door, ready to bolt if I had to guess.

I didn't look at Mr. Asano, but instead at Gakashu. I spotted a bandage on Gakashu's right cheek. Anger flared like a fire in my stomach as Gakashu met my eyes, then quickly looked away. I tried to get a better look and catch his eyes again, but Mr. Asano turned me away to face the officer.

"So, what was decided?" Mr. Asano asked, his hands on my shoulders. He really was a father of some kind to me, especially when he acted like this.

The officer sighed. "The young man won't press charges, but you may press charges on him."

Mr. Asano looked confused. "What do you mean?"

The officer looked to me, then back to him. "Follow me. Miss, please stay here."

I obeyed with a nod and took a seat next to Gakashu. "What the hell happened to you?" I hissed, keeping my voice low.

"What the hell happened to me?" He echoed. "What the fuck happened to you?" He gestured to me and the police station around us.

"I asked first."

He nodded in agreement. "You did, but I'm not the one that got arrested."

I gritted my teeth in frustration and looked away. "I had a stalker."

I peeked back at Gakashu and saw his eyes enlarge from fear. "You had a what?"

I sighed. "A stalker." Then I turned to him and dropped my voice to a tone that could have killed. "So, what the hell happened to your cheek?"

Gakashu's p.o.v

I couldn't breathe. Y/n had a stalker this entire time, and I had no idea. I feel like an idiot, a failure. I'm supposed to protect this wild, rowdy girl, and I didn't even know that she had a stalker or anyone that even had a crush on her, besides that stupid Akabane and maybe the Shiota boy.

"Gakashu..." I heard faintly.

Maybe it would be better if Karma protected her. He can fight with more than just kicks. He's got knives up his sleeves and street smarts. Hell, he used to go bully hunting for fun and beat the shit out of them!

"Gakashu..." I heard again, slightly louder and more insistent.

No, that's not true. He wouldn't be able to protect her better because he got her in this mess. For as much as I know, he could've set that poor boy up and he is the actual stalker.

"Gakashu, God dammit! Come back into the Land of the Living before I smack that hurt cheek of yours!"

I snapped out of it and looked at Y/n. She seemed very pissed and her mouth was set in a frown.

"Good, looks like your still alive," she said. "Now, tell me what the hell happened to your cheek," she demanded.

"Karma cut me," I said.

She took a quick, silent intake of breath and glanced at the now napping boy. "He cut you?"

I nodded. Her eyes questioned me for more information, but I said nothing. She then sighed and settled back in the chair next to me. "That doesn't entirely surprise me."

I looked at her with confusion.

She glanced at Karma, then leaned in and whispered in my ear what had happened with the stalker. With each word she spoke, my breathing became more ragged, my thoughts more jumbled, and my face hotter.

"He coerced you to do it?" I asked, looking at her when she finished.

She closed her eyes and confirmed it with a nod.

Now I was pissed and on a warpath towards Karma, who opened one eye with a grin and stood to confront me as I pulled back a fist and Y/n screamed at us.

Karma already had an arm up to deflect my punch. But before it could connect, I got tackled to the ground from behind. I yelped in surprise. I looked back to see that guns were pointed at me and arms around my middle. They were skinny and small, not muscular like a cop's would be. I heard Y/n sob into my back and I was still in too much shock to know what happened in those few seconds.

"Miss, stand back," one of the officers said. "Step away from the young man."

"Why did you tackle the boy?" Another questioned. He obviously did not see what was about to happen between Karma and I.

"I just miss him so much!" Y/n gushed. It was obviously fake to Karma and me, but believable to the officers who didn't know her. She sat up and wiped away her tears with a convincing fake smile and looked at me through watery eyes. "I hadn't seen my brother in a while and I was worried about him."

The five officers sighed and put their guns away before going back to what they had been doing.

"Why did you stop me?" I hissed at her.

She leveled her glare at me. "Your appreciation is so thick, it could be cut with a knife," she said. "You're welcome, you sorry-" She was about to slap me and call me something, but suddenly stopped and dropped her hand with a groan. "Mr. Asano has other things to worry about than you getting arrested too, you know."

"She's most likely going to be in E-Class now," Karma said.

I stared at him, mouth agape. I hated to admit it, but he was right. There was no way she could still be in A-Class after this.

She was going to be with that psychopath and those idiots every day.

How could I protect her then? What could I do to stop this?

As I thought about this, I knew the answer and it hit with so much dread I thought I might throw up. There was nothing I could do.

Y/n would be sent to E-Class with Karma Akabane and a bunch of other junior high rejects, and I couldn't stop it.

Y/n's p.o.v

Weakness #10 – He's Worried About Appearances

When we arrived home, I went straight up to my room without a sound. Mr. Asano already went off on me about it on the drive home, but he didn't seem upset about what I had done anymore. He knew it was justified in some way. But I was still going to be moved to E-Class. He couldn't have someone in A-Class acting like that. To be honest, I understood his actions.

Karma had gone home as soon as he was able to, but taunted Gakashu right before he left. I had to restrain Gakashu again as I shot dirty looks towards Karma.

I sighed and collapsed on my bed. I expected tonight to be long and sleepless. And tomorrow would be my first day in Class 3-E. Great.  

A/n: I am so sorry this took so long to update, but I hope everyone enjoyed it! If you did, please vote and/or comment! It means a lot! And thank you all so much for all the support you have all already shown! I hope I can continue to make you all happy with this story. I'm wishing I could update again soon, but I'm honestly not sure. I do plan on it ASAP tho! (Either in ten minutes, tonight, or tomorrow!) Later!