"What?"

"Did you put something on your face Sarang?" He asked with sheer curiousness. You blushed a bit, so he noticed.

It was makeup. Well, poor you had never gotten out on a date before but at least you knew that it was essential to wear makeup. This was nonetheless, a date, right?

"I wore makeup," you piped. "Do I look okay?"

Taehyung's mouth was slightly opened, formed in an 'o' shape. "You look pretty of course. But you always look pretty to me." He grinned at the end of his sentence.

Thank goodness it was dark else he could see the pure redness on your face. "T-thanks," you uttered, being your polite self wondering in your mind if this really was a date like he said.

"Oh!" Suddenly Taehyung exclaimed by himself, as if he had just remembered something. Taking a quick look around he put down the bucket of popcorn by his side then dusted off his hands.

Turning to the right, to you, he held out on one of his hands. "I read in a book about holding hands in the movies. But the scene was really awkward, the female lead wanted the male lead to hold her hand but he was oblivious. There was a bit of monologue until he did eventually. So could I? I suppose it would be somewhat romantic."

His eyes sparkled, even in the dark. A gentle smile placed on the corner of his lips and his hand held out to you to place yours on his.

This all somehow, made your heart flutter. You felt your stomach turn a little for an unknown reason as you put your hand on his and he gently clasped it around yours.

His hand was warm. But the moment he laced his fingers with yours made your heart jump, causing you to almost choke. Heat rushed to your face.

This was such a simple thing but experiencing it for the first time when all you've done was read scenes like this in books or watch it unfold in the movies, gave you a thought if this was all surreal.

"The movie has already started," you whispered. "Twelve minutes has gone by... and we haven't even noticed!"

"I'm not much interested in the movie. Why watch something else when I can watch you, from up close."

Boom boom, your heart went!

You turned to Taehyung who was just staring at you with a smile on his face. His beautiful eyes never leaving your face for a mere second.

"T-tae, you're being really cheesy." Again you flushed red in the dark.

"Well, what can I do? It's a date!" He held out your intertwined hand with him, showing it as prove.

Well, bam bam, your heart died!

"Oof!" A male voice suddenly let out a loud groan from the back. "Would you lovebirds let us enjoy the damn movie? Get a room!"

The voice grunted groggily. Another voice followed after that. "Kissing and doing those vulgar things in the movies! Tsk, can't believe today's generation! The world has come to an end y'all!"

Both you and Taehyung looked back to the direction the voice was coming from to find two middle aged men giggling nastily, pointing at you. With their remarks the whole hall's attention was diverted to you too.

"Excuse me sir," Taehyung retorted politely. "You're mistaken since I've been doing nothing but simply holding my girlfriend's hand, see?" He held out your locked hands with his in the air.

"Don't talk to them, Tae. They are not good people," you whispered from the sides but Taehyung continued.

"So I request you to take back what you said and kindly apologize to us," Taehyung demanded.