1

Chapter 1: Romance is for losers

Starstruck. That's how you actually felt.

"So what I was saying." The guy before you sheepishly rubbed the back of his head.

"Yeah what?" You repeated, your words empty and your expression still stunned. The guy and what he was saying for the last minute, you had them all blurred out.

He has a girlfriend.

Even him.

Is that why he's been blushing by himself for the past few days? And here you thought he might've actually called the dibs on you. Who wouldn't have misunderstood though? You were the only other worker at the cafe and he had always been super shy.

Who knew he would score it with a customer in the meantime.

"So can you please cover for me today? Please?" His eyes begging, plump lips formed in a pout and hands held up together for you to consider.

"Yeah." You scoffed.

"Thank you! Thank you so much!!" Hyungwon let out the breath he was holding as he said excitedly. Not even a moment longer when he had started to untie his apron to leave.

"You're the best Sarang!" He patted your shoulder before he left the cafe faster than flash. Best, you scoffed again. That's what people keep telling you when you willingly become their wingman or help them score a lover.

Except you don't have any. Not any kind of experience in love let alone having a boyfriend. The only experience is loads of cheesy fanfictions you read at night and romantic dramas with super cool actors you drool over at day.

Hyungwon was actually quite handsome. From his really tall body that made you look like a minion next to him, to his fluffy silky hair with fringes falling down his forehead. Smooth skin and really, really plump lips.

Overall he was boyfriend material. Not to mention you had a nice friendship going on with him. Dude even wouldn't mind when you kept calling him skinny legend.

That's why, somewhere along the line you thought you had started building a crush over him.

Only until today. Since rather than having the feeling of being heartbroken, you actually felt something else.

And that is called jealousy.

Even he has a girlfriend.

The guy that would hardly talk to people let alone girls. Even though he wasn't like this inside yet his aura was quite intimidating, you thought that too when you had first met him.

Then how the hell did he get it with a girl!!

And now you actually felt the anger boiling inside of you. Twenty years of your life gone by in a blink and how could you not have one single boyfriend, not even a fling till now!