Part 3: Silhouette

I kinda rushed this so I'm not sure if it's any good x_x But I'll make sure to make up for it in the next one, which should be more eventful. Thank you for reading, and let me know if theres anything I should do for future chapters <3

Liam heard the scorn in his parent’s voices echoing in his head. He tried to escape them by logging onto TeamSpeak where laughter and disgust buzzed through his headphones, the responses of the people he thought would be most understanding. He felt surrounded. He read the comments on his videos, the responses to his tweet telling the world the he and Graser were together. They spewed nothing but hate back at him. He was losing everything, everyone. He thought they’d accept him. He thought they’d support him. All he felt was pain as they rejected him, hearing and reading the vile words that made him shake in fear for what he valued most. All he could do was run and try to find Graser, but he couldn’t find the person he loved anywhere. He ran and ran, but the only person he had left was gone. He was alone again.

 Liam awoke in the middle of the night to find himself shaking alone on the couch. He sat up, his body aching a little from the lack of room he’d had. He looked around urgently for Graser, who had disappeared.

‘Graser?’ He whispered into the dark room, before seeing a silhouette by the window. He exhaled, relieved, then told himself to calm down. It was just a dream.

He got up off the couch and walked slowly over to where Graser was standing, his footsteps almost silent in the quiet room. Graser was clearly deep in thought as he stared out at the night, and didn’t seem to notice that Liam was there. He flinched when Liam touched his shoulder.

Liam frowned, concerned. ‘Hey, are you okay?’

‘Yeah. You just scared me a little.’ Graser said, somewhat distractedly. In the little moonlight coming from the window, Liam noticed he was shivering.

‘I meant in general.’ Liam said. ‘What’s up?’

‘I couldn’t sleep.’ Graser replied, not really looking at Liam. Liam waited for him to elaborate, which he didn’t.

‘Um. How come? Is there something you want to talk about?’ Liam asked, confused. Graser seemed upset, despite them both being so happy a few hours ago. Liam suddenly felt worried. The protectiveness he felt over Graser was ever increasing with the time they spent together.

Graser sighed, still staring absently out of the window. Liam waited while he seemed to be finding his words.

Then Graser turned to him, his expression suddenly sullen. Liam didn’t like that look, and a million potential problems ran through his head. He bit his lip nervously.

Graser spoke, his voice cracking slightly, ‘Has it occurred to you, that after this week, it’s most likely gonna be months until we can see each other again?’

Liam’s heart sank, that was one of the last things he wanted to hear. Nevertheless, he tried to smile reassuringly as he took Graser’s hand and interlocked their fingers. Graser automatically moved closer to him.

‘I know, baby,’ Liam started, his own voice wavering. He noticed Graser’s expression soften at the new name. ‘It’ll be okay. We’ll manage.’

‘But Liam, it’s not- you know it’s not going to-’

Liam closed his eyes for a second, fearing the words. Graser must’ve understood, because he stopped mid-sentence and tried again, his voice softer this time.

‘I’m just worried that we don’t have very long. I hate that I have to leave.'

Liam looked down at where their linked hands were dimly lit by the moonlight, casting shadows behind them.

‘I know we don’t.’ He replied quietly. ‘But we can still make it matter, right?’

‘You think we can?’

Liam leaned forward and lightly pressed his lips to Graser’s, carefully stroking the back of Graser's hair as he leaned into it. They broke apart after a few seconds.

‘We didn't spend all that time waiting just to waste the little time we have now.’ He said determinedly. ‘We’ll make it work.’ He smiled ‘I’m gonna spend every waking moment with you, just you wait,'

‘Starting now?’ Graser asked, looking up at Liam and grinning.

‘Starting right this minute.’ Liam replied, and leaned in to kiss him again. He felt Graser’s arms around him, where they were supposed to be. Graser sighed against him as Liam lightly kissed his neck and shoulders.

‘Now, you’re not allowed to be sad for the rest of the week, okay?’ He then said, stroking Graser’s cheek. Graser just smiled his adorable smile and nodded. God, he's perfect, Liam thought.

‘Liam?’ He asked quietly.

‘Yeah, babe?’

‘You were talking in your sleep.’

‘Oh.’ Liam grimaced, he’d been hoping to forget that nightmare.

‘What were you dreaming about?’

‘I don’t remember.’ He lied, then felt bad when Graser’s face dropped a little, apparently seeing right through it.

‘You can talk to me, you know?’ He then said, sadly.

Liam nodded, ‘I know.’ He said, kissing Graser's forehead reassuringly, ‘But right now, we should go back to sleep.’

‘I don’t want to sleep on the couch anymore.’ Graser said thoughtfully, 'Can we go to your room?'

Liam nodded and showed him the way.

  I will hopefully be continuing this fic but because I'm dumb and didn't plan it at all, I don't really know where I'm going with it at the moment, so it's on hold for now ;-; (ideas welcomed!)