Dead Man's Party Part I

Okay, so, I forgot to add a disclaimer on my last chapter. And although I know you guys probably get sick of seeing them, I'm gonna add one in this chapter anyway. I do not own any of the characters, places, or objects, etc other than my oc(s) all credit goes to Cassandra Claire. This again, is relatively short compared to other chapters but I hope you find it enjoyable none the less.

Clary, Jace, Alec, and Izzy walked into the Institute whilst they argued. Jace was trying to block out the argument, which was relatively easy seeing as he was concerned for Lizzy. Strangely enough, knowing she was in the hands of vampires had been mildly comforting, at least now he didn't need to worry about her being in the hands of Circle members, or worse, Valentine himself.

Since he had found out that Valentine had performed experiments on her, Jace had felt the protectiveness he already felt for her flare up further. They had no idea what had been done to her, or if it would have any negative side effects and that concerned him. At least if she was there, they could have her checked out to make sure she was healthy and not at risk of randomly keeling over.

"Look," he finally spoke up, sick of hearing Clary blame his sister for the disappearance of her mundane friend, "they won't do anything to Simon. They just wanted to draw you out. They want the Cup, and they think you have it."

"And what about Lizzy?" Clary piped up, glaring at Jace, "they already had her when they took Simon, who knows what they've done to her or how long they've had her wherever the hell they have her!"

"The Vamp said she was alive and unharmed," Izzy added, earning Clary's anger once more.

"And you just believe him?" she hissed, "my sister could be hurt, or worse, and we're just assuming she isn't because a vampire who kidnapped my best friend happened to say she wasn't?

"And why the hell does everyone think I have this damn Cup? What, my mom lies to me my entire life except, 'Oh, by the way, there's this magic cup, I hid on, like, the planet Bongo, but don't tell anyone!' What am I supposed to do now?"

"Did your sister inherit all the personality in your family?" Alec questioned sarcastically, glaring down at the redhead that hadn't stopped complaining the whole night. He ignored her indignant look and turned to his parabatai, "we have to report to the Clave."

"Great," Jace replied with a roll of his mismatched eyes.

"They have to know what we've learned about Valentine," he continued, logically.

"What, that he's my father?" Clary questioned acerbically, "great. Fine. Tell them. What good does that do Simon or Lizzy? Because, in case you've forgotten, while you're wasting time with that, anything could be happening to my best friend and my sister!"

"Lizzy can look after herself, Clary," Izzy protested.

Clary threw her hands in the air as she let out a frustrated yell, "you think that makes me feel better?! What if it were Alec?" she growled, "what if Alec was the one missing and you had no idea if he was okay? Wouldn't you be freaking out too?"

"Of course, I would," Izzy retorted angrily, "but I'd also have enough confidence in his ability to look after himself! I have faith in my brother, where is your faith in Lizzy?"

Alec smirked as Clary gapped at his sister, trying to come up with a comeback but apparently drawing a blank. He felt affection for Izzy bloom in his chest, happy that his sister had so much confidence in his abilities as a Shadowhunter.

"Whatever," Clary finally huffed, turning on her heel and pushing passed an amused Jace.

"Are you sure we can't convince the vampires to exchange her for her sister?" Alec asked his parabatai and his sister.