The Descent Into Hell Isn't Easy Part II

Disclaimer: I do not own any characters, places, and/or objects other than my Oc's. All rights belong to the beautiful Cassandra Clare.

***

Twang.

"Impressive, can you hit it again?"

Twang.

"Huh, you're good."

Twang.

"Now, you're just showing off," Lizzy smirked as she looked at the arrow that had just split the first one Alec had shot. She was really impressed; he was amazing with it.

"Think you could do better?" Alec challenged, glancing down at the teenager that stood beside him, still looking at the target.

Lizzy snorted, "not a chance," she admitted, "I tried archery when I was thirteen."

"And?"

She flushed, "I may have accidentally shot my instructor?"

"That's not too ba..."

"...he was standing behind me," she added, her cheeks darkening as she refused to meet Alec's eyes.

"How did you mana..."

"... don't ask," Lizzy sighed, shaking her head as she finally looked up to meet his gaze. She pouted at the amusement she saw shining in his eyes and the little smirk that turned up his lips, "it's not funny."

"I didn't laugh."

"Not out loud; but I can hear you laughing in your head."

Alec raised an eyebrow at her, "oh, really?"

"Are you questioning my superior skills, Alec Lightwood?" she sassed, her hands on her hips as she turned so her whole body was facing him.

"Maybe I am," he grinned, finding Lizzy much easier to deal with than the younger Fray, "what are you going to do about it?"

Lizzy opened her mouth to retort when a commotion from behind them caught her and Alec's attention. Both of them turned to see Clary running after Blondie, his lips pressed and his eyes narrowed as he seemed to walk with a purpose. She watched as Clary caught up with him, grabbed his arm, and dragged him down another hall.

"What's all that about?" she asked, still watching the spot where Blondie and Clary had just vanished from.

"Honestly?" Alec sighed, placing his bow on a nearby table, "I don't want to know."

They were quiet for a moment before Lizzy shrugged and turned to Alec, "so," she began, a grin spreading her lips, "what do you guys do for fun around here?"

***

Luke was is Lizzy's room, rummaging through the burnt remains to try and find anything that could be salvaged. His eyes caught on to a small glittering object buried under the burnt remains of a box and walked over to it. He picked up the small gold chain, his eyes falling to the locket that rested innocently on it. He'd gotten it for Lizzy for her eighteenth birthday and the teenager rarely took it off unless she was afraid she'd lose it for whatever reason.

Gently, he opened the locket, peering down at the photo of himself and Lizzy. The photo had been taken a month before her birthday by Alaric when Lizzy had spent lunch with them at the station, something she did more often than not. They hadn't been aware of the photo being taken, both of them laughing with each other as they ate Chinese food from little white boxes. Lizzy and Luke had a noodle over their lips, pretending to have moustaches.