━━ chapter five.

Start from the beginning

"Why would you need gauntlets?"

"To protect myself when Wakanda is in danger."

"Shuri?"

"Yes?"

"Would you have been the Black Panther if your brother was not?" Shuri hated hearing a question like that. The thought of wearing the suit her brother currently uses and possessing the powers after consuming the Heart-Shaped Herb, all of it was daunting. She could never be able to fill the shoes and be a person of importance like T'Challa. Her intellect was her strong suit. She liked it better that way.

"Even if I was given the chance, I'm glad my brother is the Black Panther. I'm not a leader. I'm an inventor." she simply said.

"Well, I know I'm never going to be as successful as my sisters." Luke mumbled.

"What do you mean?"

"When you have two sisters who are so intelligent, it's hard trying to match their level. One is a renowned geneticist at U-Gin while the other works at SpaceX. I'm just a person with fire powers. Powers I'm not even sure as to how I got them."

"Luke, just know that you will find your purpose. One day." Shuri simply said. Luke's eyes glances around the room before landing on the unconscious individual named Ross. Luke's eyes widened once he sees the man sitting up on the examination table, seeing him reaching behind his back awkwardly.

"Um...Shuri..." Luke mumbled. He was unsure about speaking louder. He watched as the individual left the table walking around the laboratory before looking towards Shuri.

"All right, where am I?" he speaks. Shuri jumps on the spot once General Ross speaks.

"Don't scare me like that, coloniser." Shuri said.

"What? My name is Everett." he introduces himself.

"Yes, I know. Everett Ross...former air force pilot and now CIA."

"Right." Ross appeared confused before looking directly at Luke sitting on the stairs.

"Who are you?" Ross asks Luke. Smiling to himself, Luke clicked his fingers as fire appeared between them. Ross runs his hand through his hair, simply bewildered by the new scenario before him.

"Okay, is this Wakanda?" he asks Shuri.

"No, it's Kansas." she sarcastically responds. He sighs in disbelief.

"How long ago was Korea?"

"Yesterday." Luke said.

"I don't think so. Bullet wounds don't just magically heal overnight." Ross stated. Shuri simply chuckles at the statement. Luke knew any sort of injury was easy for the Wakandans to heal in just a day. He managed to survive the wounds he gained during the accident. Thanks to Shuri, specifically.

"They do here but not by magic, by technology." Shuri smirked.

"Don't touch anything. My brother will return soon." Shuri warns him.

"And if I do?"

"I can ask my new friend to chuck fireballs at you." Shuri glanced back at Luke.

"So we're friends now?" Luke smirked.

"Don't make me regret it." Shuri groaned. Ross proceeds towards the glass window, staring out into the open.

"These train things, that's magnetic levitation right?" Ross asked.

"Obviously." Shuri answered.

"Obviously but I've never seen it this efficient." Ross was completely stunned.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

"WHAT is this?" he asks the stranger.

"Just a little gift." the stranger responds. He was not from these lands, hearing the definite American accent in his voice. The stranger opens the bag he was dragging along the grasslands, hearing the unsheathing of swords before standing up straight to look back at the locals.

He walks forward towards the bag the individual opens, to his surprise sees the dead body of the infamous Ulysses Klaue.

"Who are you?" he speaks in the native tongue.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

"WHERE is T'Challa?" Okoye speaks to Shuri through the transmitter.

"I obviously do not know all of T'Challa's moves." Shuri said.

"A man at the border has claimed to have killed Klaue." Luke and Ross's eyes widened in shock.

"What?" Shuri herself appeared shocked by this new turn of events.

"W'Kabi is transporting him as we speak to the palace. We need to find your brother." Okoye continues.

"An outsider?" Shuri asked

"No, a Wakandan." Okoye said.

"He's not a Wakandan. He's one of ours." Ross added.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

UNEDITED

a/n: well, most of the dialogue is from the movie so please bear that in mind.