(Yandere! Phantom Blood Dio x Ex-Prostitute! Reader) I've waited so long (1/?)

(NSFW THEMES AHEAD!)

1875 , (Y/N) is currently seven years of age. Dio is nine.

(Y/n)'s intuition had once again yielded a treasure. She had been waiting for some form of garbage to be tossed out in the off chance that there'd be some food with it. And just her luck, inside the tavern a drunk patron had carelessly tossed his bread supper out the window. Though it had a few hearty bites already taken out of it, it was still plenty sizable for her small stomach. She'd usually have to bring such a feast back home to share with her family. But today her mother told her it was alright for her to eat whatever she found today. Truly the best birthday gift she could have ever asked for! However, as delicious as this bread looked, she just could not eat it. At least not yet. She tucked the loaf securely into her sleeve and scurried away to find the one she wanted to share it with.

She approached the run down house that was only in slightly better condition than her own. She prepared to knock on the door when she head a loud skirmish from inside. Angry drunken shout and furniture being knocked about. She found herself unable to move and listened helplessly as she knew that her friend was on the receiving end of this abuse.  Soon, the sounds began to get louder and closer. They were approaching the door. (y/n) ran to hide behind some crates that sat across from the house. The door swung open and there stood Mr. Brando.  Held in one fist was a bottle of liquor, in the other was the back of Dio's neck. He appeared limp in his hand. 

Mr. Brando took a quick chug of his liquor then took to shaking Dio. " 'Ow dare  you glare at yer own father that way boy?! Looking at me like i'm horse shit-!" He slurred his words heavily. "Why don't you take a moment to cool yerself off?! And don't come back until you bring me my liquor you useless bastard!" With that, he tossed Dio deliberately into a puddle brought on from the rain yesterday.  He seemed proud of this triumph as he laughed maliciously and waddled back into the house and slammed the door behind him. Mr. Brando really was a scary man. 

Hearing Dio's pained sharp breaths as he tried to rise up, y/n cautiously made her way to his side. She reached out to touch his arm but he quickly flinched and drew away from her. He looked up to her in a momentary panic. Seeing that it was just her, Dio's face contorted into a twisted hateful scowl. Hot angry tears poured from his eyes. (y/n) reached out to touch him again, but he smacked her hand away. He shot up and stormed off. Based on the direction he was going in she knew where he would be. She followed behind but walked slowly to give him time to truly clam down. Which she knew would take a while.

Dio had made the under bridge his hiding spot when he needed a escape from everything around him.  With a single gas lamp on the wall damp rocks on the ground and a bricked up wall. A stream with murky water ran through occasionally carrying with it something that was dropped in it up stream. To any outsider the place was a dump. But to Dio, it was his place of solace. A place of solace that no one was welcome to.  Well nearly no one.  

(Y/n) peered into the opening and found Dio sitting on the ground. His face was buried in his knees as he hugged his legs. Occasionally his body would shake and heave. Y/n thought for a moment then made a a decision. She made a fist and made a 'knock knock' sound with her mouth. Her mother had always taught her it was rude to enter anywhere without making your presence known first. He did not move his head, but his heaving did stop.

"Dio! I've come for our play time!" She announced stepping inside. 

"Go away." Came a sharp warning from him. 

She put her hands on her hips and continued her approach. "I should think not! You promised me yesterday that we could play today. I intend to hold you to that!" 

Dio lifted his head to glare at her as she sat down next to him. 

"Besides, I have something for you." She reached into her sleeve and took out the loaf. Despite it being in her clothes this whole time, it was still in relative good condition.  She couldn't help but be a bit proud of this. Dio glanced at the bread but then caught himself and look elsewhere. His face could lie, but his stomach could not. An audible grumble sounded from his stomach. Mr Brando must not have fed him today. (y/n) smiled at him and then broke the bread in half.  She handed him half. "It's my birthday bread! Here try some, its really good. I think there's even a bit of cheese baked into it!"