Thirty-Six

Music filled Calliope's ears, and bright lights dazzled her. She and Fred sat up, and looked around, as Harry clung onto Diggory's body. It took her a moment to work out where they were, but eventually, Calliope identified it as the Hogwarts Quidditch stadium.

By the time she had come to this conclusion, people were beginning to realise that something was wrong. The music had died down, and several people were charging across the grass towards the four students.

Dumbledore approached first, going to Harry, who seemed to be in the most distress.

"Harry-Harry!"

"He's back!" Harry whispered through tears, "Voldemort is back."

Calliope hardly registered anything else other than Fred's arms around her, his chin resting on her head as if he were shielding her from everything.

"Fred!" Someone screamed from the crowd. Fred and Calliope broke apart to look for the source of the scream. There, trying to push his way through several ministry wizards was George Weasley.

Fred tried hastily to disentangle himself from Calliope, once he was free he jumped to his feet, and charged towards his brother, pushing the ministry wizards aside, the twins embraced, both of them half crying with a mix of shock and joy.

Calliope stood up on her own shaky legs, she watched Harry being led off by Mad-Eye Moody, and something struck her. Dumbledore did not know that Moody was, in fact, a death eater.

She looked around for Dumbledore frantically and saw him hurrying back towards her with the tearful parents of Cedric Diggory.

"Professor!" Calliope shouted, charging towards him, "Harry just went with Moody! Moody isn't Moody! He's a Death Eater, sir!" A look of panic crossed Dumbledore's face before he dashed off.

Calliope then found herself wondering over to where Fred stood in a hug with four of his brothers, his sister and his mother.

"Oh, Freddie!" His mother was sobbing as she stroked his face.

"I'm ok mum, I'm really okay," Fred assured her over and over again, through joyful tears.

"We thought you were dead!" sobbed his younger sister, Ginny.

"I'm sorry," said Calliope in a small voice, but it was loud enough that all of the members of the Weasley family heard her and turned to look at her, "it's my fault that Voldemort took Fred, I-I'm really sorry."

"Callie you shut up right now," said Fred, no hint of a joke on his face, "it wasn't your fault."

Calliope bit her lip, not wanting to start an argument about it now, not wanting to ruin the joyful reunion before her. But she knew, deep down in her gut that by her just being alive, she was putting Fred in danger. They had some kind of connection, neither of them understood it, but Voldemort knew about it and would use that to his advantage.

"Now get in here!" Fred demanded, gesturing for her to join the hug, she did so willingly, hoping beyond hope that she wouldn't cause this family any more pain.

With the arms of the Weasley family around her, Calliope felt properly safe for the first time in almost a year.

This book is drawing to a close and the sequel will start with the events of Order of the Pheonix! Only a few more chapters left!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx