"I'm not letting that happen, we are going to get through this."

He asserted, no doubt left in the statement. This was his way of grounding me to reality and I wasn't going to complain. After he let go of my chin I brought my small hand to his cheek, wiping away the crystalized drops that cascaded down his blemished cheeks. Though his methods were harsh I knew I needed them. I needed him. I needed his rugged words to arrow through my heart and pierce me with the truth. The anger wasn't quite healthy but it came with honesty. I preferred honesty  over lies. After all lying is the only thing people seem to be doing to me lately.

I stared at those beautiful aquamarine orbs for a few moments, sharing the sorrowful moment with him. I smiled gently. A small spark of hope remained inside me that I struggled to keep lit.

"Shh.. it's okay, you're still my hero.. I know we'll get through this" I whispered soothingly, even though I was crying as well. I rubbed my thumb on his damaged cheek in a comforting manner. I had no idea if I had just deceived both of us. My finger brushed over the small scars he had accumulated over time, one over the other. Each one told a different story that I wished to put together some day. I was half way there. He trusted me. I was certain of it.

I didn't want to loose this, I didn't want to loose him. He was the only person who still accepted me despite all the things I've done, wether purposely or not. I was still a monster and my family had finally given up on me and on my power. I grabbed his hand, leading him through the darkness of the park. I came to a stop when my feet found the crippled plastic slide we used to play in.

He blankly watched me, his expression remaining stoic although his crystallized eyes told another tale. "(Y/N), this isn't the time to shit around in a busted slide" He scolded weakly.

I ignored him nonetheless , climbing up the crooked metal stairs. I reached the top and sat on the slide base. My hands rested on the rusted sides, dust and dirt sticking to my palms. I looked up at the dark sky. Soft lights lit up the endless night. Grey clouds hovered over the crescent moon. The scenery awoke a slumbering feeling of nostalgia inside of me. Every inch of my body felt like bricks, dragging me deeper and deeper into my own sorrow. I then did the only thing in mind.

I screamed.

I sobbed and screamed my pain out. Acute darts of sobs and whimpers reminding me of nails dragging against a chalkboard. My own voice made my head ache yet I didn't care at the moment. I cursed at my parents and the world for all these events. Cursed the world for giving me this quirk. Cursing at my family for giving up on me and cursing at myself for being a monster and a reject. The mind shattering wails fused and drifted afar in the cold breeze.

Touya ran up the stairs as well. Each step seemed to moan in pain as he stepped on the crumbled steps. He leaned down slowly and sat down, placing his weight next to me. "What the hell do you think you're doing (Y/N)?"

"Scream with me"

Touya raised an eyebrow, probably wondering what type of crib I fell off when I was born.

"What the actua-"

"Just do it. It'll make you feel better. Like this.."

I took a deep breath, filling my lungs with the fresh air I desperately wished for. I cleared my throat and held onto the unstable bars, screaming as loud as I could muster.
"I hate my quirk! I hate it so much!" I yelled before looking at him. I smiled softly, hoping for my methods to reach him.

"It helps. Go on..try it"

Touya heaved an annoyed sigh before finally complying to my request. He took a deep breath as well, his raspy voice breaking through the night silence as he yelled.
"I hate this! I hate my father! I hate our situation!"
I was met with silence after that.

"That wasn't so bad.." he murmured, a small smile tugging into his thin lips. His anger slowly sizzled down to be replaced with more of a light amusement. We then shared a knowing look, taking another deep breath.

"My quirk is a nightmare!"
"My brother is a nuisance!"
"My family hates me!"
"I hate my body!"
"Hanako was right!"
"I'm a disaster!"

What an edge show.
And so it went on, we both vent our frustrations to the evening breeze. We yelled until our throats were sore and we didn't have any strength to carry on. In short, it was quite the exhausting evening. In the end of the day we were just two lost children that wanted to let it all out. I laughed a bit thinking back on what we yelled and how comically tragic it sounded. I wanted to take care of Touya no matter what and I knew he felt the same about me.

The wind howled as we both panted. I laughed and pulled my knees to my chest. They slightly dug into my chest. "See, that wasn't hard." I chirped, trying to lighten the mood.

"It wasn't bad at all.." he added faintly. His voice sounded more gruff than usual from all the screaming. We couldn't help but laugh at the situation. How it was all so pathetic that it was even funny. Truly a dumb sob story.

"We should do this more often." I teased, nudging his shoulder. I dismissed the fact that "this" would be over in a couple of months. Dismissed the fact that my time with him was being counted down starting today. Dismissed the fact I may lose him forever. Dismissed the fact that my chest and throat ached greatly and I felt like absolute crap.

"We really should.."

___________________

___________________

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. It was a bitch to edit because I went over it many times because I never feel content with my writing lol. I finally got to a product I could feel okay with so here it is!