My eyes widened. I almost fell off my seat.
"What?!" I snapped. As much as I wanted him to stop all the harsh training I knew being a hero was his dream, he was everything a hero ever strived to be. Kind, smart, agile, humble. Why would his father ever give up on him?

He just nodded, shrugging at me. "It's been going on for about a month (Y/N). He took Shouto under his wing and all.." he murmured. Shouto Todoroki.. his younger brother, I remember when Shouto was born. Half hot, half cold. A one of a kind quirk. Touya was euphoric of having a new member join the family.It seems that euphoria has faded away. How was his family even? He used to speak highly about his sister and brothers but.. when was the last time he mentioned them to me?

"So now Shouto has taken my place in the family I guess. My father wants to shape him into a big hero and all.. so he let me off his grip. He can't have another kid in the way and needs to focus all his attention on Shouto. I almost feel bad for him. In a way I'm glad I don't have to do all that body destroying training but.. I thought I was his number one.. I thought he trusted my potential. That's why I kept going.. he got fed up with my power, burning my flesh constantly and all that stuff." Touya then rose his fist, admiring his arm in all its bandaged glory. Scars peeked from under the uncovered side. It looks like he put them on sloppily today.
"Shouto was born with the perfect quirk combination and I wasn't. That's life"

His tone was calm and serene but his eyes told a completely different story. The sorrow and sadness in his gaze was obvious to me. I couldn't fixate on why he would give up on his own child like that, much less dispose of him as if he was an item. The anger in me only swelled. I put a hand on his shoulder.

"Well..that doesn't mean you should give up! We can train together and he doesn't have to know a thing. We can have meetings and bring things to the park! We'll shape ourselves into the heroes we want to be!" I spoke with an enthusiastic smile. We could work it out. We had nothing to loose. We could show his father the hero he was missing out on.

"You'll still always be my hero."

At those words a small smile made its way to his lips, warming his once cold expression.

"And you'll always be my little witch."

That attitude didn't last long though. He was never the same after that day.

I opened my mouth to find that I was at a loss of words. I felt the explanation get stuck in my throat as a small sob barely managed to come out. I was drowning in my own pool of demons. I still struggled to process the evening. Before catching myself a tear fell down my cheek, displaying my weakness in front of Touya. I sobbed hard, wails and whimpers coming from me as I vent out all my frustration through tears. All of the feelings I had pent up over the way my siblings treated me. How my parents looked at me after frightening their other kids into sleeping with them. The pitiful smiles and lies they told.

Strong arms enveloped me in a warm embrace. Quite literally. A comforting warmth irradiated from his body as he silently placed his chin on my head, rubbing my back. I became tense for a moment, not expecting the sudden affection from him. How long has it been since he's hugged me like this?

"(Y/N)... You can always talk to me." He murmured close to my ear. His voice became soft , searching for a way to soothe me. It worked. Only his voice could calm me in my deepest storms.

I sobbed harder into his chest, this time fisting his shirt and crinkling it between my slender fingers.
"I.. they're... gonna .. send.. me.." I hiccuped, barely managing to speak in between pitiful sobs.

The soft caresses he was giving to my back suddenly stopped. I felt how his body became tense, the calm breathing of his chest coming to a stop. He held his breath before speaking.

"Sending you where?"

He tore me away from him, this time holding my shoulders to force me to look at him in the eyes. Tears cascaded down. I could only manage to sob out the next words.

"They're sending me to a foster home."

_____________________________

Oofies, I hope y'all enjoyed that. I don't have much to say except well, thank you to all who have stuck here to read! Please comment and vote if you enjoyed it.