Can I call you Mads? (Chapter 15)

I chase after Demi as she runs away crying. What have I done?

I find her sitting in an abandoned corridor just like I was moments ago. I walk up to her and she looks at me and asks "what do you mean someone wanted to kill my family because of me?" She cries even harder when this sentence leaves her mouth.

"No one wanted to kill your family. This girl at my school, Dani, she sort of threatened me to hurt you in the interviews and say that or she would of my made the rest of my schooling life hell like she is already doing." Just as I said that, my phone beeped and I pulled it out of my pocket.

The message read "so you actually did it. You decided to hurt your idol on live tv. Your still a stupid ugly little fatty though. You actually fell for it 😂" a tear left my eye but I couldn't let Demi see.

"What was that message?" She asked me.

"My mum wanted to know where I was." I lied. I felt bad for it but I had no choice.

"Are you sure because I don't think you are." Demi asked me, obviously seeing through my lie.

Demi left me no choice but to show her my phone. Once she read the message, she kept scrolling up to check the previous messages. Including the one where she told me to hurt Demi.

Tears were escaping her eyes quickly and she pulled me in a hug. "I'm so so so so so so sorry. P-please forgive me D-Demi." I beg for her forgiveness.

"I forgive you. I know how you feel but I really want you to stay strong. Don't listen to her. What she is saying are all lies. You are beautiful and perfect in your own unique way. Okay. I am living proof that you can get through this. You can get through anything. You are a warrior." Demi told me.

"Thank you. Thank you for everything Demi. Even though most of the time, you haven't been with me, I've been with you and you have helped me in ways that no one else could. So thank you." I hug Demi not wanting to let go. Ever.

"That's okay sweetie. We better get back to the interview. Again. But you have to come and talk to me straight after. I want to tell you something okay?"

"Okay." I promise her.

We walk back to the interview and take our places. Once I have the audiences attention, I announce a performance.

"And right after the break, Demi will be performing Skyscraper so stay tuned in!"

I turn to Demi and we start talking to each other. "Demi I feel like I should tell you why I have depression." I tell her hoping she will let me explain.

"Only if you feel like you want to." Demi says.

"I'm bullied as you already know and then I come home to an abusive mother. My dad tries to keep us safe but she does things to him as well. My brother died from suicide 2 years ago and I still haven't healed from the pain that that caused our family. It's part of the reason my mum is an alcoholic. So yeah. I know it doesn't seem much but it's still enough to cause me pain." I have tears in my eyes but I wipe them away so not many people see.

"Aw you have been through hell and back. You are so so so strong. I'm just going to say now what I was going to say after the interview. Would you like to come back to my hotel after the show? We can have some fun with my sister and her friend because it's our last day here." Oh my gosh. The Demi Lovato wants me to hang out with her. ME!

"Of course!" I practically yell.

I get some weird stares from the audience but I don't give a shit. IM GOING TO DEMIS HOTEL ROOM!!

I get told to continue with the show and the camera man points to me giving the sign that it is back to live.

"And singing skyscraper for us today is Demi!"