XXIV. PAIN (PART ONE)

THIS HAD TO BE ONE OF THE HARDEST TIMES IN MALIA'S LIFE.

Yeah, she'd seen dead bodies before, dead bodies of the people she loved, hell, she'd even killed people. But this times was different.

This time was different because of who had done it.

Malia knew that Alec didn't kill Jocelyn, not willingly anyway. She knew it was the demon.

Demon.

That one word alone was able to make Malia want to break everything in sight. Jocelyn was like her mother.

She was her mother.

Jocelyn had been the one to give Malia a home when she found her wandering New York on her own. Jocelyn had been the one to help Malia with her nightmares. Jocelyn had been caring towards her like no one had ever been.

Malia also felt selfish.

She felt selfish for grieving so hard for someone whom she had only know a few years. She felt selfish for allowing herself to feel hurt.

Jocelyn wasn't Malia's mother, no matter how much she wanted her to be, she was clary's. Malia couldn't even begin to imagine what clary was feeling.

Everything seemed dark now. Nothing felt as it used to be. All Malia wanted right now was to be in the comfort of her pack.

Her family. She missed derek. She missed Scott. She even missed Lydia.

It was hard not seeing them, especially when she needed them the most.

Malia locked herself in her room. Not even allowing Izzy to enter. Many had tried to get her out but none had succeeded. She needed to alone. She needed to gain control.

If she didn't... The demon wasn't going to be the only murderer that night.

 The demon wasn't going to be the only murderer that night