Chapter 9: Butterflies

The time seemed to stop in my world. I was so into the conversation Justin and I were having that I totally lost track of time. I hadn't even realized Cody had come back from performing. My eyes grew wide and my hands started getting sweaty. I started feeling even more nervous and anxious.

Justin seemed to noticed because he said," Hey don't worry Ariana, I know this may seem scary but it's not bad. They are going to love you when they see how amazing you are!"

"Yeah you'll do great, you're a natural," Cody added drying his sweat with a towel.

I felt a bit better with their words of encouragement. "Thanks guys, really I'm so nervous I think I'm gonna pass out!" I laughed while getting up. I decided to go back to Alexa and my friends before I had to go on stage.

"And she's alive!" Brian joked. I nudged him and laughed along with everyone else. Since I've known them longer, they know how to make me feel better.

"What was that all about?" Alexa asked wiggling her eyebrows.

"Oh stop it Alexa, Justin just wanted to get to know me better and I did too. Plus I have a boyfriend who I love if you don't remember," I explained.

"I know I know, you know I'm just kidding," she laughed.

I talked with my dancers since I knew they had to be almost as nervous as I was and before I knew it, I was being told it was my turn to go on stage. I quickly hugged Alexa and made my way to the stage.

"Hey Ariana?" Justin asked.

"Yeah?" I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Good luck," he smiled and went in for a hug. I hugged him back thankfully. I felt butterflies in my stomach but it obviously had to do with how nervous I was. I smiled back and thanked him.

I ran to the stage and with every step I took my heart beat faster but my excitement grew. I had a million of butterflies in my stomach when the beat to Baby I started playing and my dancers ran on the stage. I could the hear the screams and as soon as I ran out to the stage they only grew louder. I sang and gave it my all but I had fun of course.

"Hey everybody, how are you doing tonight?" I spoke through the microphone. The crowd erupted in screams. I laughed and continued, "It's an honor to be here at the Believe Tour and be spending my evening with every one of you!" I smiled. I waited for the screams to die down before I sang the next song, Lovin It.

I ended my performance with an Ariana Grande classic, The Way.

It was crazy to see how many of Justin's fans were singing along.

"Thank ya'll for having me! Now who's ready to see Justin Bieber?!" That made the audience go crazy. I laughed and all my dancers came by my side. We bowed, said goodbye and ran off the stage.

Words couldn't even explain how happy I was right now. Alexa was waiting for me backstage with a towel and an ice-cold water bottle. It was like our little ritual, I guess you could say. I mentally thanked her because I was out of breath. Once I wasn't sweaty anymore, Alexa hugged me.

"THAT WAS AMAZING ARI! YOU WERE GREAT OUT THERE!" She squealed hugging me tight.

"Aw Lexi, thank you so much!" I smiled.

"Ariana you did terrible," Justin said with a serious tone. My heart fell and I didn't know what to say.

"Oh no I'm just kidding! You were literally amazing," he apologized regretfully but still laughed a little. Literally amazing. Those words literally meant a lot because that was coming from Justin Bieber.

"Justin you scared me for a second! But thank you that means a lot. THAT WAS FREAKING AMAZING!" I was so hyped right now.

"I told you, you had nothing to worry about and you would have fun," Justin smiled.

"You have amazing, dedicated fans," I said.

"I know they are the best and so important to my life," he explained. He was so genuine and down to earth, the opposite from what the tabloids made him seem.

"Justin it's time," Scooter informed him. We all wished him good luck and he was off. I quickly went to my dressing room and changed into more comfortable clothes and out of my heels which were killing me.

We went back and actually went out to the audience, in an isolated area of course, and enjoyed the concert. He truly was so talented and you could tell how much he loved being up there. I can't wait til I can have a tour of my own and my own fans here. We all danced, cheered, and sang at the top of our lungs.

*

I was so tired by the end of the night that I was ecstatic to get to Alexa and I's hotel room. I washed off my makeup, brushed my teeth, slipped on my pajamas and went to bed before tweeting:

@ArianaGrande: couldn't be any happier, night loves 🌌💫