Chapter 1: Departure

P.O.V. [Name]

I sighed as I continued to pack the little that I had. I didn't want to take to much, it'd just slow me down, and I didn't take anything that could be replaced so at the moment my toothbrush and other hygienic items are staying here. I just get some new ones when I arrive at Vale. I then heard the door behind me open and I tensed up slightly. I had planned to do this in secret so I hadn't told anyone what I was doing. I then slowly turned to see who was behind me and saw my mother looking at me. Of course, out of all the people that could have seen me doing this it had to be her. "I see the rumors about you are true," She said as she walked over to me carrying her mask as she did so. I didn't say anything hearing this, mainly because I wasn't sure what to say in this situation.

It was hard to stare at her with her deep crimson eyes glaring daggers at me. She had already caught me so there was no point in trying to cover up what I was doing, and I already had a plan for after I left. I was going to go to Vale and try to find Ozpin. He seemed like the best candidate for trying to take down Salem, Lionheart was terrified of Salem so there was no question that he'd turn tail in a heartbeat if he thought he could save his own sorry hide. Then Ironwood was efficient but I don't think he understands the full extent of Salem's power. Then from what I heard the headmaster of Shade academy most likely wouldn't listen to me because I was a Branwen. I can't say I exactly blame him for that after all my mother has left less than a desirable reputation for me and the others.

"I can't state just how disappointed I am in you. My own son, turning his back on the tribe without so much as a moment of hesitation," She said as she looked at me. I gritted my teeth hearing this and continued to pack my things.

"Like you have any room to talk about betrayal," I said as I continued to gather a few more supplies that I thought I'd need. She was quiet for a few moments hearing this and looked at me.

"You are aware that as soon as you leave that you won't be able to return right? There won't be anywhere for you to go once they realize just who you are," She said trying to discourage me. I scoffed hearing this and rolled my eyes, not that she could see me do this.

"Of course I know, and despite what you think I'm sure I'll be able to live just as well there as I am here," I said as I finished packing the few things I had left. I then stood up and began to walk towards the exit. "What about him?" She asked bringing me to a stop. "If you live he's going to come after you, and you and I both know you're not strong enough to defeat him, and I doubt whatever friends that you manage to make will do you any good against him as well," She said looking at me. I gritted my teeth hearing this, as much as I hated to admit it, she's right.

He's a monster and I'm not nearly strong enough to defeat him, especially if what he did last time was any indicator of what he's capable of. Then I don't think anyone stands a chance against him. "Hearing that you defected from the Branwen tribe would not only make you our enemy but it would make you a major target for him as well," She said as she looked at me. I gritted my teeth hearing this and looked at her.

"At least if he comes to try and fight me I'll actually fight him instead of turning tail and running away like a coward," I said as I looked at her. She seemed hearing this before she sighed and put on her mask.

"If that's what you want," She said as she looked at me through her mask. "Then I suggest you leave before the others hear about what you're doing. I don't think they'll give you the same kindness as me," She said as she walked out of the room. I sighed hearing this and walked out of my room and began to walk towards the exit. It was night so there weren't that many people out, and those that were wondering the streets were far to busy to pay me any mind. When I walked out of the border of the tribe I suddenly felt much more nervous about what I was doing.