Chapter 9- Vegetarian Hunt

Začít od začátku

"Are you ok?" he asked "Your not thinking about that one night are you?"

Great, I wasn't thinking about that until now!!! My stomach sank as I thought of him kissing that hooker, who knows if this didn't work what he would he do get another victim alone.

"I actually wasn't... Until now." I told him.

"Sorry I didn't mean to bring it up."

I just nodded

We pulled into the drive way and I was the first one out heading to the door, the thought still stuck in my head of him and someone else. He pulled my arm and hugged me and said "This will work, even if I gotta kill every animal from here to Canada" I smiled at his determination to make my idea work, he leaned in to kiss me "It has to." he said and took my hand as we walked into the house.

"Finally!" Ezra said as we walked into the living room. He was pacing and Brook was watching tv in our room, probably annoyed by his pacing.

She came running out "It's about time! When you guys left it was still day time!" she complained.

"Gees B calm down just lost track of time."

"Yea like I believe you guys didn't do anything, psh." I just laughed at her and shook my head. Im sure she thought we went all the way, but I wouldn't do that until I was married in a million years. Until then I was fine keeping my virginity to myself.

"Are you ready?" Ezra asked Eli.

"Yea let's go." he said placing his keys on the counter.

They headed out and Brook dragged me into the room to give her details. On the bed was a box of pizza, I sat and began to eat.

Ezra POV

The second we were out the door I started running, Eli was close behind me. I wanted to kill the first animal I came across but waited til we were at the forest right outside of town. I waited til I was well in the forest and stopped. Eli was right next to me I listened and smelled. There was 4 no 5 deer close by, I disappeared to them but they heard my invisible presence. I was in my hunting mode, i felt free and wined down. I haven't run in such a long time it was nice.

We both picked one and prepared to eat. I went up behind mine and grabbed it's hind legs, Eli leapt on top of his' back and they fell on the ground like they were wrestling. Mine's struggled so I broke the neck and sunk my teeth in. The warm blood surprisingly quenched my thirst as it poured down my throat. This actually wasn't that bad, the blood was clean, when we went for human pray their's usually tasted foul because they were almost always on drugs. I sucked mine dry and looked over to Eli who was just about done. We pushed them off and raced to find more.

After about 3 deer we were full, it didn't fill as well as human blood, but I was satisfied, more than I expected. We got back home maybe 3 hours hours after we had left, the house was silent, they were sleeping. I just went to my useless bed and Eli to the couch and waited for the girls to wake up.

I wasn't really paying much attention to anything just the tv.

"Good morning " I heard a raspy voice say it was Addi. I got up to let her know how it went, she was lying on the couch with Eli.

"How did it go?" she asked us.

"Surprisingly good I think." I told her "this could work."

"good" she said turning around putting her face in Eli 's chest "I'm still sleepy." she said and fell back asleep. I realized it was only 6am, They couldn't go to school for five days, we decided to stay home as well. We didn't really talk to anyone else, not that they didn't want to talk to us, it was better to keep my distance. The whole baseball team thing was a bad idea, I was drawing way too much attention. I was thinking of quitting. The coach said I had great potential which meant I was too good and needed to stop before he decided to call scouts in.

Then Brook...Brook...Brook. I don't know, I wasn't in love with her, I was more in like with her, but I could see it going further. She would make a killer vampire and I did want her by my side. I don't know what she expected from me, I didn't want to fail her exceptions but I was terrified. I wasn't willing to make things 'sexual', a human and vampire relationship on sexual terms was reckless. I should know, I never told anyone not even Eli. But every time I saw Brook I was reminded of what I'd done almost 50 years ago. I never wanted anyone to know especially Brook.

It was actually about 49 years I think to the day I was dating Sara. I hadn't planned on dating her I knew I didn't want to tell about me so I didn't want to get too close. But she ended up asking me out and I didn't want to say no, it was her biggest mistake ever. We had dated maybe 5 months when we decided to take it to the next step. It wasn't my first time but I spent all my time with her so I wasn't keeping myself very well fed. She had always smelled nice but since it was becoming intimate and growing thirsty she was more appetizing. I had went to kiss her neck and my senses got the better of me, and I sunk my teeth in. Once I started it was too late to stop I was already draining her body clean. When I realized what I had done I disposed of her body and left town before anyone got too suspicious.

I caught myself back in the real world and looked over at Eli, he was staring down at Addi running his fingers through her hair as she slept in his arms.

"How's the thirst?" I asked him

"It doesn't bother if it did I'd tell you and probably leave." he said looking down at her. I nodded then heard Brook get up.

"Hey guys" she said and sat down next to me. "So what the hell are we doing today?"

That was a good question, hmmm "How about we go for a run?" I said smiling at Eli, minus well let them in on what they may be in for in a few years.

"Let's do it." Eli smiled