10

Levi's p.o.v

"BETA ACKERMAN, WHAT DO WE DO SIR!?"

The classroom filled with yelling and chaos.

They hadn't dealt with a human in pain so this was new to them. I could instantly feel the tension of the room and the panic that filled the air, but my mind was occupied with a voice filling my head with screaming.

"MATE MATE MATE" my wolf screamed in my head. He had given me enough shit for rejecting her as she was my one and only soulmate but I had pushed him back into the crevice of my mind to silence him.

He was beyond terrified for her wellbeing, and now my panic had joined the rest of the room as well. Erwin, Hanji and I had discussed the repercussions of my rejection, and since this topic was a rare one, there wasn't much information to go by except small excepts in books.

It had felt strange to me that I hadn't felt a single painful moment since I rejected her. The only pain I felt was my wolf whimpering inside my head, heartbroken that I had separated and rejected her.

To me, she was just a human girl. Although her father was a werewolf, her mother was a human. He had accepted her as his soulmate and told her the truth, which according to her father, she kept the secret very well.

So much that they kept it from their own daughter.

But I can't have a weak soulmate in order to carry my beta bloodline. Her human/werewolf blood could taint the Ackerman beta bloodline, passing it down from generation to generation.

If I did accept her and have children with her, there is a heavy percentage that my children could be completely werewolf, half and half, or just completely human. Those percentages I can't take a chance with.

To my wolf, she was everything to him. He saw her as the light of his life, his love, his heart, basically his whole life was dedicated to her. Of course there is no beastiality involved. In a normal werewolf situation, he would bond with her wolf, that's if she had one.

However, her parents had no way of knowing without exposing the secret to her. So for now, that remains a mystery. But back to the present where my mat- I mean the brat, laid limp on the ground.  

"Your orders sir!" Shadis bellowed, assisting the girl that laid limp on the ground. I snapped out of my dazed recollection and quickly ordered him to take her to the infirmary.

I watched Shadis pick her up and take her out of the room. A growl sneaked its way out of my throat; my wolf was wanting to take over and protect her from another male holding her.

" Stop it. She isn't ours and I intend on our secret from not getting out. She is not our mate. She's a joke." I told my wolf inside my head. The last thing I needed was for the whole pack to know I was bestowed with a human for a mate.

He began to whimper inside my head again, practically ramming into my consciousness trying to take control and support her. I was hurting him without feeling the pain.

I couldn't lie. I was worried for her because I didn't know what was going to happen to her. It wasn't my intent to hurt her. I was just trying to break the bond.

But I guess breaking the bond is going to come with a price, and I sure as hell don't know what is going to happen.

To me, or to her.