"I really don't wanna be emotional right now," Kat whispered, looking down.

"I'm sorry. I just- those few months, I was miserable without you. No girl amounted to you- no girl ever could. You're it for me, Kat. I hate that I had to lose you to find that out but, now that I do- I never plan on losing you ever again, Kat. For as long as you'll have me. I'm yours."

Kat only looked at him now when he nervously continued, "An-and if you don't want me, I completely get that too, of course. Granted, it's going to take me a long time to get over- hell, I'm lying. I'll never get over you. You're perfect, the girl of my dreams... I... it'll suck but if you tell me to, I won't bother you any longer."

"I would never," Kat stopped herself with a frown, shaking her head, "Remember when I first ended things and told you I needed space to get over you?"

"Yeah..."

"Well, that was complete bullshit. I will never be over you. And actually... that's part of why I said yes to this impromptu trip. I-I missed you so much so any chance to be with you longer, I was gonna take. Plus... being with you this past two weeks... I don't wanna go back to barely talking. I want this to be like this. I was stupid to ever think we could just go back to ignoring each other."

"So if I followed you back to New York..."

"I'd love that more than anything," Kat smiled, making Tom smile in return as he leaned over to kiss her.

When they pulled away, Kat laid in his arms, looking up at the sky absentmindedly.

"You know... I think a part of me will always be scared that I won't ever be enough for you."

"What?" he frowned, now sitting up slightly to look at her.

Kat shrugged, fiddling with her rings, "I just... I hate feeling like this insecure girl who's life depends on a dude but... I really like you Tom. And the last time I felt this way, you didn't. I felt so secure and happy with you and you just... you needed space. You made me feel like I wasn't enough."

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry I ever made you feel this way-"

"You said this and you explained yourself already," Kat sighed, "And I don't want to make you feel like you have to apologize every time or that I bring it up all the time but-"

"Hey, you have every right to," Tom frowned, "But I don't want you to worry, from this moment on. I won't ever make you feel that way. I am going to show you just how much I care about you and how if anyone's not good for the other, it's me. Not you. You deserve the world Katalina Isabel Perez. And I intend to give you just that."

Kat smiled now, grabbing the back of his neck to bring him down into a kiss which he gladly responded to.

Tom knew just how to make her feel better and she had never felt more content and at ease than she did in that moment.

He held her as it got darker out, brushing her hair as she slowly found herself growing tired.

Not only was it a long day out and about in the city, but she did have an early morning.

She wouldn't change a thing though and Tom definitely wouldn't either.

While everyone was looking at the Eiffel tower, he was looking down at her, admiring her beauty and just her in general.

He may have never experienced this feeling before but he watched enough romance movies to know what this was.

"I think... I think I love you," Tom whispered, knowing she wouldn't hear him because she was practically asleep in his arms.

"Hm?" Kat mumbled, her eyes barely opening as Tom continued to brush her hair.

Tom smiled at how adorable she looked, leaning down to kiss her quickly, "Cmon, get up. Let's go get dinner before you fall asleep."

Kat groaned but still got his help to stand up and watched him as he packed everything up.

Once he finished, he reached his hand out for her to hold but she ignored it and instead placed her hand in his back pocket.

Tom jumped a bit but still laughed as she tugged him to start walking.

"This is from one of your movies, isn't it?"

"Yeah," Kat giggled, "Now let us be one of those cringey couples people love to hate."

"We're a couple now, are we?" Tom smirked but Kat shook her head.

"You wish, Holland."

'I do,' Tom thought, 'I really do'.

He remained silent though and didn't reveal exactly what they were doing for the rest of their day at Paris.

If everything went according to plan, Kat would be his girlfriend at the end of their dinner.

Their romantic dinner Tom had been planned to the tee.

Luckily, everything went just as he imagined and by the end of their dinner, Kat and him were closer than ever, both literally and mentally.

He had her chair close to his, feeding her the dessert and stealing a few kisses before his gaze returned to the Eiffel tower which still wasn't too far away from the restaurant.

It was easily the best view.

"It looks even more incredible at night," Kat whispered, "I always thought people were hyping this place up but- the pictures really don't do this justice."

"You know if you want to take pictures of something beautiful, you can just take pictures of yourself."

"You cheesy fuck," Kat giggled, shoving him playfully before returning her gaze to the window.

This was it, now or never.

"Kat?" Tom asked slowly, watching her as she looked at him once again.

"Yeah?"

"Will you... will you be my girlfriend?"

It felt like time went slow as Tom watched her think of the answer.

But for Kat, looking into his eyes and just being with him at that moment, the question was the easiest thing to answer.

She didn't have any doubt in her mind what she wanted to say.