"Memory Loss"

Dhruv Chatterjee is a software developer working at a renowned IT Firm since last 6 years. He is a normal employee just like others having a great manipulative impressive power.
It was just a normal day finishing his meal with his favorite egg curry, he lit up a cigarette in a regular basis. Removing few rings in the air he was at the machine at sharp 2.30pm. As a regular perfect routine.
Six years, Dhruv thought. This is life now.
The job, coding, surfing Google, the deadlines, the pressure keeps piling on. Leaving a long breath he look around few of them taking big yawn, seems like sleeping is knocking at the door. He is not exception. He look around one more time and whisper
"such a disgusting job. I wish I forget all this at once including that boss."
Making a face he close his eyes for few seconds. Seems like having a great feeling after a long battle.
"Dhruv what are you doing?" a heavy voice came from back side area, dhruv immediately open up his eyes and turn around. It's his manager Mr siddharth chowbey. Dhruv gaze his face for 30sec, siddharth ask again politely "Dhruv what are you doing right now? I mean in which project. Need to discuss something with you "
Dhruv turn around to his machine and go through the page which is open in front of him. But something happens, he can't recognize anything, all black white red codes looks like unrecognized language.
Manager get disappointed a bit so he came near him and put his arm in his solder but dhruv is still looking at the dextop. It seems like he forgot every bit of it. He felt nerves. Few sweat appear in his forehead in the month of December.
Every single person looking at him, no doubt he is efficient and knowledgeable in his work then why is he all silent?
The manager understood that he is nervous so he ask politely "are you ok dhruv? If you want you can take a leave for the rest day. I think you need rest"
Dhruv tried hard to recollect what he’s been doing till now..but no matter how hard he tried his mind was blank. He kept blinking at the screen..looking everywhere..searching for something.
It’s like he is digging deep in his mind and there is nothing but the darkness at the end of the pit. He looked at the screen again. The codes that he wrote in minutes seemed gibberish.
Dhruv clenches his fists in frustration. Panic slowly rising up his body. He can feel it. His mind freezing and the body collapsing against the chair.
Dhruv has started feeling unwell. He took his bag in a haste and left without another word.
He could hear people calling out to him..the voices seem familiar though. But he can't recall their names.
He came down to the parking lot. The guard told him that his car is on that side. So he proceed towards his car. But Strange,He couldn’t spot his car. The panic was rising again, congesting his chest. He tried hard, but No. He couldn’t remember his car, nor where he is supposed to go. But all in vain. He is all blank. Few person who might know him looking at him strangely. The guard is coming towards him. But before he reach dhruv run from there and run fast. He can hear the guard calling him by some name, but he need to run, he need to run from the situation right now. That's all he feel.
Dhruv was finding it hard to breathe in there, he stop when he reach at the main road and a dozen of people roaming around. But he felt relief as no one seems know him here,everyone busy in their own stuff.
There is a group of school students asking for funds for the recent floods. Dhruv walked ahead and offered 500 bucks from his wallet. One of the kids asked his phone number. He couldn’t find anything to say. Then, another girl asked his name.
He hold the pen to jot down his name but pause and looked at the girls face
"what is my name" he whispered to himself.
"The person in the office calling me by some name. Why couldn’t he remember? He couldn’t breathe anymore..he felt cold. Like he was drowning and desperate for every last bit of oxygen his lungs could get. So he SCREAMED.
" what happened?? "everyone around dhruv ask, few of them came running leaving their work, manager too cane running hearing a strange but strong screaming from dhruv.
" what happen dhruv? Are you ok? "the manager ask with a worried tone.
" What happened Dhruv? "one of his coligue asked.
Dhruv looked around. He was right in his chair recall every single thing. Turns out he did doze off.
Dhruv looked at his Boss. To mange the situation he just joked
" just a bit stomach ache. It's all fine "he bit his lips...