Chapter 16

Marilyn's POV

I can't believe he forgave me. After all I put him through, he not only forgave me, but stuck by me.

I suppose I fell asleep earlier, I woke up and glanced over, pain shot through my body. I saw Jeordie, asleep in the chair next to me. Eyes lightly closed and his head resting on his hand. He looked so angelic.

Maybe that's what he is... My angel. If they even exist....

I didn't want to stop looking at him, I feared I may not see him anymore.

I always thought I was ready to die, but as I lay here, unaware of my fate, I'm scared. I never thought I would care. And I'm not scared of dying... I'm scared of never seeing Jeordie again... I love him.

I look away and cough, my throat is fucking killing me.

When I turn back I see Jeordie looking back at me, I must've woken him. "Sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up." He shrugs and sits up. "I'm just glad to see your awake." He smiles that award-winning smile and brushes some hair out of my face.

"Hey, Jeordie?"

"Yeah Brian?"

"Do you still love me?"

"Of course I do!!! Nothing could ever make me stop loving you, babe."

"Good." I think quietly for a minute.

"Why would you even ask?"

"I needed to know."

"Why?"

"So I can ask you another question."

He shifts and gets closer, his curiosity is peaked. I smirk through my pain.

"And what's that?"

"Nothing really."

I tease him longer. Driving him crazy.

"Tell meeeeeee!" He whines as I laugh.

"There's nothing to tell. It's a question."

"Then ask meeee!" He giggles cutely.

"You sure?" I look at him and grab his hand.

"Yessss."

I take a deep breath and smile at him.

"Marry me?"

tabathamerie