16. The Cops and The Hostages

Steve and Jessie stopped by the room Natasha and Clint were in. Jessie had the cybernetic arm on along with her jacket which had the blue star on it. Steve put the top of his suit back on.

“Time to go,” Steve said to Natasha as he and Jessie stood in the door of the room.

“Go where?” Natasha asked.

“We’ll tell you on the way. Can you fly one of those jets?” The bathroom door opened revealing Agent Barton who was walking out wiping his hands on a towel.

“I can,” he answered referring to the Captains question about the Jet.

“You got a suit?”

“Yeah.”

“Then suit up.” They began to make their way to the where the Quinjets were. Hawkeye had his recurve bow and quiver full of arrows while Jessie had a Sniper Rifle and Machine Gun which she found in the weapons room and Steve had his shield, Natasha only carrying pistols. Jessie and Steve were the only patriotic ones in the room. The blue star on Jessie’s jacket along with her shirt which was similar to Steve’s gave off a patriotic feel. They walked into the Quinjet. The young pilot stood in their way.

“You are not authorized to be here,” he tried saying. Jessie held her hand up, stopping him from talking.

“Son,” she said, “Just don’t.” They took the jet and began to fly it toward New York City. They flew toward Stark Tower and went to shoot at Loki. The jet was shot down by Loki using the scepter. The ramp opened and Steve and Jessie ran down followed by Natasha and Clint. They arrived in the middle of a four way street just as the portal for the Chitauri opens up. They begin shooting at innocents.

“Stark, are you seeing this?” Steve asked Tony through the com link.

“Seeing, still working on believing. Where’s Banner? Has he shown up yet?”

“Banner?”

“Just keep me posted. Jarvis, find me a soft spot.” Jessie looked down the bridge.

“Those people need assistance down there,” she said. Natasha pulled out two pistols and began shooting at the Chitauri. She turned to Jessie.

“We got this,” Natasha said. “It’s good. Go!” Jessie turned to Hawkeye.

“You think you can hold them off?”

“Sergeant,” Clint began saying, “It would be my genuine pleasure.” Jessie and Steve jumped off the bridge after Clint shot an arrow buying them some time. An explosion went off. They jumped over the dozens of cars that were in the streets. Steve and Jessie jump on the top of a police car. A Police Sergeant was there with a younger cop.

“We need men in these buildings,” Steve began ordering. “There are people inside that can run into the line of fire. You take them through the basement or through the subway. You keep them off the streets. I need a perimeter as far back as 39th.”

“Why the hell would I take orders from you?” the Police Sergeant asked in a heavy New York accent. An explosion occurs behind Steve and Jessie. An energy blast is blocked by Steve’s shield. Two of the Chitauri soldier’s began to attack the two Super Soldiers who fought them off with ease. The police watched them in shock.

“That’s why,” Jessie sternly spoke not looking at the officers. The Police Sergeant turned to the young cop.

“I need men in those buildings,” he began to order, “lead the people down and away from the streets. I need the perimeter as far back as 39th.” Steve and Jessie joined back with Hawkeye, Natasha and now Thor.