Tala- Chapter Four

A/N: Characters in this are shown below. Faces right to left:
Niko, Tala, Ara, Amelia, Trey

Trey and Amelia belong to Fandom_Trash049 while Ara belongs to StarWebbing

Trey and Amelia belong to Fandom_Trash049 while Ara belongs to StarWebbing. have a nice read!

Thursday, December 24th, 2048. one year after the accident.

The two sat on a couch, getting ready for the second "Family" Christmas party they've celebrated with Amelia and Trey. It was a small party, and it's not like either of the two believed in god, but damn, giving each other gifts was fun. And guessing what everyone was getting. They had celebrated everyone's birthday like this, and with Niko being the youngest, she was almost always the "most spoiled". She had recently turned twenty-two in October. Tala was wearing a soft sweater, colored a deep red for the holiday season. It was different than their usual sweater-poncho, in both the fact that it had sleeves and that it had at least three to five extra inches on it, making it the longest sweater they owned. Niko had picked it out for Tala, saying that it would look good on them. And she wasn't wrong. They looked absolutely stunning. From the high neck, bare shoulders, and the baggy sleeves that rested over the cuff, to the few extra inches that perfectly outlined their body without being skin-tight. Upon their legs were their typical leggings, plain black that went with everything. Niko, on the other hand, was wearing a low-cut cream colored sweater tucked into a velvet knee-length skirt the color of dark rose. Her legs were cloaked in black tights, that surprisingly kept her warm. Her hair was pulled into a braid, going from a dark chocolate color to a pastel pink. The dye had since faded and grew out giving her a soft ombré.

They had just finished setting up, gifts for their friends under the tree, perfectly wrapped. That was Nikos doing. The aroma of the place was peaceful, warm, inviting. It smelled of cinnamon, cocoa, and peppermint, and whatever was cooking in the oven. Cooking was Talas specialty. They owned their own restaurant, with mostly unique foods that strangely, tasted great.

Niko turned on some music, it played quietly out of a speaker.

"God rest ye merry gentlemen, let nothing you dismay. Remember Christ our Sav-"

The song was interrupted by a knock on the door. Outside stood Nikos closest friend, Ara, who had known her for most of her life. The girls were thick as thieves, like sisters. After Ara shed her coat and joined Niko in a warm embrace, a few more knocks sounded from outside. There were Trey and Amelia, arms filled with food and gifts. There was small talk, some basic chit-chat as everyone got settled in.

"Who wants eggnog?" called Tala from the kitchen. Everyone, including Ara, raised their hands. "Hey Niko, is she allowed to drink this?" they asked, pointing at Ara.

"I'm twenty-one, thank you very much." Ara mocked, taking the eggnog from Tala. Everyone laughed as she chugged the glass. Ara, unlike Niko, was anything but a lightweight. The oven beeped, and Tala rushed over to it from the couch. They hastily pulled on some oven mitts and carefully removed the duck from the oven, and selecting a few seasonings that they'd done with duck before.