Tala- Chapter One

Earth 1-B, 2024

As of today, August 9th, 2024, a wave of radiation has escaped through earth's core. It has affected all unborn children, anywhere from fertilization to when they're just about to exit the womb. As far as we can tell, these children all have physical alterations. The first known case, it seems, has no genitalia. These children are the birth of a new generation, the Mutants.

23 years later

December 9th, 2047

"C'mon, Tala!" begged the golden-eyed girl. She was asking them to a night out, away from fame. She was the most beautiful mutant they'd ever seen. From her bright eyes to the creamy chocolate color of her skin to the patches of glimmering golden scales. Tala had to give in.

"Alright Niko," Tala sighed. Fame wasn't their thing anyway. They were born into it, being the first mutant in history. At first, they were born with no genitalia, which wasn't much to begin with. Yet, this mutation grew over time, unlike the newer mutants. At the age of five, over the course of a few days, their hair and skin went from rich tan and soft brown to extremely pale flesh and pastel blue locks. At the age of 14, they felt nubs on their forehead and upper forearms. These nubs turned into horns, the horns a french grey. As they grew, they became scythe-like, curved and sharp as if made for killing. The last thing to change, the last part of their childhood, disappeared at the age of 18. Tala's eyes, once a jungle green, became a dull grey and bright blue.

"I'll go, but on one condition," Tala stated. Niko looked happy to comply, but curiosity filled her eyes. "We run from crazy fans."

Tala was quite recognizable, so this condition was no surprise to Niko. This just meant that they couldn't do anything too fancy, or else they would be running in heels or dress shoes. And Niko was anything but graceful. The two decided to go home to change. Tala slipped on their blue sweater poncho and glanced in the mirror. Yep, same as always. Hair still dusty blue, styled in long waves falling to their shoulder on one side, cut short and messy on the other. The long part was swept over their forehead, barely touching their left eyebrow.

They left the room to see that Niko was ready as well. Even in the simplest of clothing, she looked stunning to Tala. Her dark hair, dyed pink, was in large dreadlocks to one side of her head. The other side was shaved, and in the area of skin where pink met rich brown, a few golden scales lied. She was wearing the same thing that she wore when they first met. That day, neither of them were looking for someone, the two just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Niko was wearing a light violet sweater, one that was loosely knit and very baggy. She had snake bite piercings, appropriate to her alteration. Her right shoulder was exposed, golden scales glimmering under the light of the bar. It had been a rough night for both of them, and needed to meet someone who didn't know who they were. Thankfully, fate pressed the two together, screaming "KISS, KISS, FALL IN LOVE!"Thankfully, Niko was Skoliosexual, or attracted to the non-binary.

Anyways, Niko decided to surprise Tala. It was kind of late, but hey, that's where the surprise started. Niko got in the car and revved the engines. Tala started to get in, but then Niko started to speak.

"No, nuh-uh, we're not going anywhere until I blindfold you." Niko liked to play around, and play around she did. Once the blindfold was secure, she helped Tala into the car. "No peeking!" She warned

"I won't," sighed Tala," Unless you plan on murdering me. Then I will happily rip off this blindfold and scream for help." Niko laughed. To Tala, her laugh was the purest happiness you could get out of a person. "Hey, you know I would," Tala giggled, "And I would sound like a little girl." This made Niko laugh harder, causing her to almost crash into a tree.