Chapter Three- Sebastian

this chapter is dedicated to my dearest friend, Kalina. kal, you've been the best of friends and best of supporters! this one is for you, you young grasshopper. we're always on the same wave length babe! @kalinaaragon

I give you... chapter three

xoxo, BX
____________________________________________________________

Sebastian

I am startled out of my thoughts when someone taps me on the shoulder. It is the girl wearing the weird looking uniform.

"Please come with me." She says. Her voice sounds so polite for an officer. She walks with grace down the hallway and leads me into a room. She types something into a keypad above the doorknob. There's a beep and the door opens. She gestures her arm into the room and I walk in. "Take a seat on the table please. Now tell me, what happened to you?"

"I was driving home from grocery shopping when my car started acting up an-"

"Not a long story. Speed it up." Now she sounded like an officer.

"My car went crazy and I crashed. I don't know how long I was out, but I got cut from the remains of the car." I quickly responded.

"Well that sure is odd. The past 12 patients today have had the same problem. How many miles away were you and about what time did you crash?"

"I was about a mile away and I crashed at around 4pm."

"YOU walked a MILE with that injury?? You really are a trooper." She chuckled as she said this. "What's your name trooper?"

"Sebastian."

"Well Sebastian, I will say it again, you are a trooper." She laughs, or more like giggles before saying, "You should join the Sanity Soldiers."

This was funny? I don't know how you could make this situation funny. My leg was throbbing really badly again. And join the Sanity Soldiers? They must be very desperate.

"Sorry. Your injury just is really serious. It must have hurt really badly," she says noticing my expression.

She had no idea. "Like hell it hurt." I chuckled also despite not finding this situation funny.

"So I don't know you, but I know people. You seem like the type of person who wouldn't spill any secrets so I'm going to let you in on a secret Sebastian. The 12 car crashes in a row; they were planned. People weren't supposed to result in serious damage. We are just rounding up as many civilians as we can so we can recruit more Sanity Soldiers to fight, once they've healed of course." I have never felt so violated in my entire life. I glance around the room nervously to see if the room is bugged. If this is a trap. If this is where I'll die. The girl notices my nervousness and draws her gun. "Just a precaution. If you get too nervous you might try to tell someone." I would never, but just for my own safety, I draw my gun as well. She raises her gun and I raise mine. There is no meaning to this childish action, but at the same time, all the meaning in the world.

"If you shoot me, I'll shoot you. I have amazing aim so I will kill you before I die." I harshly say. She flinches.

The sound of the gunshot ricochets off the walls and deafens me.

What have I done?

_____________________________________________________________

sorry it took me a little while to update. life has been a little crazy right now. with school starting soon, it might take a little while for updates, but I will do the best I can.

Like, comment, give feedback! I like all the advice and support I can get.

xoxo, BX