Chapter 3

The next thing I know I am being shaken awake. Damn it I forgot to set my alarm clock.

Nice panties you have there Crimsyn. Be ready in five Torryn says slapping my butt before leaving the room.

I dig out some running shorts and slip on my shoes quickly throwing my messy hair up on top of my head. I grab my phone and my head phones before heading out of my room.

Me, Torryn, and Brandon stretch in silence before we all start to run. I have no idea where we are going or how far so I pace myself behind the two men thoroughly enjoying the view as my workout play list starts. I get lost in the music relaxing for the first time in weeks. I don't realize that Torryn and Brandon have stopped until I run into the back of Torryn. Brandon catches me before I can fall quickly letting me go. Someone has issues but they are not my problem.

You're not out of shape at all are you?

No Torryn I am not. I had a job and a gym I went to all the time. One of the neighbors stayed with my dad during the day. I took care of him at night. The nights were the worst he would get so confused. I kept up with my boxing because I had to have a way to relieve the stress. I would go to the gym every morning before heading to work. I just needed a new gym with a couple of people I knew I could trust. Sorry I mislead the two of you. I don't have my gear with me because I didn't know we were running to the gym.

Don't worry I have you covered Torryn says.

I follow behind the two of them after Brandon unlocks the door. I immediately feel at home. I let Torryn wrap my hands in tape before I start punching the bag.

She's pretty good. She needs some work but she's good.

Brandon turns away and walks to his office closing the door behind him.

Does he have a problem with me being here?

He has a problem with people in general.

Then why is he running a gym?

He loves boxing. It's in his blood. He was one of the best I have ever seen. He hasn't picked up a pair of gloves in five years. That is when he opened this gym.

How much is a membership?

It's hard to get a membership here. You have to prove to Brandon that you love this sport.

Then why am I here now?

I have a feeling you will be the first female member we have.

I wouldn't be too sure about that I say looking toward Brandon's office.

Want to show me what you have in the ring?

I blocked more punches than I gave but I made the ones I got in count. Torryn is really good and I have a feeling that he is taking it easy on me.

We are getting out of the ring when people start trickling in.

We don't have a women's locker room here. Do you want me to give you a lift back to your place?

No I think that I will run back.

Then I will run with you. This can be a rough neighborhood.

Hey Torryn who's the chick someone yelled?

Off limits Brandon says walking out of his office.

Come on let me give you a ride. I don't want you to over do it today. I am going to pick you up in the morning at five thirty and we are going to run one of my favorite trails.

Is Brandon coming with us?

He will meet us there. He has some things to do in the morning.

Quiet waters run deepI say as I climb out of Torryns car.