"Well, for now," Shiro cut in, "we'll be checking up on you every hour or so. Just to be sure."

"Alrighty."

Everyone went to eat and head to bed.

----------------------------------------

Lance awoke to pain in his mouth. He groaned and stumbled out of bed. He checked the time: 1:43 a.m.. He felt the pain again and realized it was like a toothache but worse. So he groggily went to his bathroom to check out his teeth for any cavities. He looked in the mirror and opened his mouth.

His eyes widened as he saw his teeth. He had fangs. Not like vampire fangs but they were pointed. Pointed like an animals. A dog, or maybe cat's, but it didn't matter what kind. What mattered was he had fangs. 

Lance didn't know what to do. He slowly lifted his hand to his mouth and poked his new teeth. He pressed on them and pulled them and tried to twist them but they stayed.

"...HOLY- WHAT?"

Lance was glad everyone was asleep because he didn't want anyone near him at the moment. How was he going to explain new teeth

He turned back to his bed and sat down. How did this happen? Why did this happen?

The canon.

That was the only answer he could think of. The beam hit him but nothing happened. What if it was just a slow reaction? Maybe this is all that will happen. If it's just two new teeth then it was nothing to worry about. Nothing to worry the team about. The canon had a malfunction and just messed with his teeth. But why? What could possibly harm Voltron with fangs. 

Lance decided it wasn't a big deal so he won't tell anyone. Not yet, at least. Hopefully it'll go away after some time. With that thought he fell back asleep.

-------------------------------------------

The next morning at breakfast Lance was unusually quiet. He couldn't eat the stupid food goop because his teeth wouldn't let him put the spoon in his mouth properly. Keith was the first to realize Lance's silence but decided against bringing it up. However, when Hunk noticed he had to say something.

"Hey, Lance. You good, bud? You're awfully quiet."

"Yeah, I'm just tired." He set his spoon down in defeat. "I'm not that hungry. I'll be in my room if you need me." He stood up grabbing his plate. He threw the goop out and left.

Shiro stood up. "I'll go talk with him."

Lance heard a knock on his door no more than two minutes after he left. He opened it to find Shiro. "Oh, um, hey."

"Hi," Shiro responded.

"What do you need?"

"Just checking on you. You, you know, just left.  You didn't eat much either. Actually, I don't think you ate anything. You okay?"

"Yeah, of course." He shifted his eyes to the ground. "Just tired. Maybe an after effect of the canon. I dunno but I'm good." He looked up and gave a closed mouth smile.

Shiro returned the smile. "Okay but if you need to talk I'm always here."

"Thanks, Shiro."

He nodded and left.

Lance spent another 10 minutes messing with his teeth. He could pretend they're fake and mess with the team but what will happen if they find out they're real. Well, if they don't go away, eventually, they'll find out. He sighed and lied down on his bed when he heard Allura calling everyone to the control room.