Chapter Three: Williams, Arizona

I quickly ran to the bathroom and fell and fumbled getting the toilet seat up, but once up I let the flood gates open. My eyes watered and my throat burned. I hate throwing up. It’s so disgusting. After my stomach pain eased and my mouth stopped watering I leaned back against the wall. I had killed the three girls who helped Jermey and his cronies make my life hell. Who am I? I closed my eyes and just focused on breathing. Breathe Maggie breathe. Then I felt his presence. I looked over and saw Adam, covered in blood. He was cleaning off the knife. My mind flashed back to him slitting their throats. I shivered. He rushed over and wrapped his jacket around me. 

"Hey it's okay baby girl." 

He brought me into his arms and he kissed the top of my head. His touch still burned, but I ignored the pain. Then I came to the realization I just killed people. I pushed myself off of him and began to crawl away. I was too frantic to stand. He grabbed my ankle and I screamed and began to sob. He pulled me back into his arms and held me tight. I couldn't move. I buried my face into his chest. It hurt, but not like the agony I was feeling right now. I have stooped lower than them. He let go of me slightly and kissed the top of my head. I looked up to examine his features more closely. He was beautiful, in such a dark way. His dark eyes looked deep into mine. I searched every line of the ink that was his skin. He looked like a skeleton. I touched all over his face softly. He pushed his face into my touch, with eyes closed and mouth slightly open. His breathing was heavy and shallow, but slow. It was like he'd never felt the touch of another. I stood and he released me looking rather broken. I used one of the girls’ toothbrushes. Then once I was done. I straddled his lap so I faced him and I returned to feeling his face. His skin was so smooth, almost poreless. I followed all the lines and edges that made the mask of his inked skin. Then his eyes shot open and brought my face smashing to his. It was like he craved my kiss. Like, if he didn't kiss me he'd die. I can honestly say though I kissed back with the same tenacity. 

We walked up to my house hand and hand. He turned and kissed my forehead.

“The pain stops now and your new life begins tonight.”

I nodded and we slowly walked inside the house. I heard my parents snoring. Adam turned to me and grabbed me by my buttcheek and kissed me roughly.

“I don’t want you to do this. Stay here baby.”

I shook my head.

“No. They’ve tortured me from the beginning. It’s my turn.”

He smirked and we madeout again. Then we walked up the stairs and I burst through my parents bedroom. They jumped up and once they saw me I saw them sober with fear. They looked from me to Adam and back and forth a few times.

“You’re not”

Before my father could finish I shot two rounds into his chest. He gasped for air and my mother screamed. I shot her. It felt… Good. I felt angry tears pool in my eyes.

“Why couldn’t you love me?! I haven’t even fucked any guy and I’ve never gotten a bad report card!! What made it so fucking difficult to love me?!”

I couldn’t hold it in and I sobbed. I cocked the guy and shot my mother again. I cried harder. All these pent of tears about how badly my parents treated me were finally being set free. I was being set free. I reloaded and shot both of them several more times before my legs gave out and I dropped to the floor, I had one bullet left in the gun and I cocked it and put it in my mouth. Sadly Adam kicked it from my hand and pulled me into his arms.

“Don’t you dare kill yourself baby girl.”

I grasped onto him for dear life. I screamed out an incoherent cry out freedom. Then I buried my face into the crook of his neck. He gripped me tighter. Then I pulled back and sloppily wiped my tears away with the back of my hand.