49

Marli

"T.T come dance with me!" Kay exclaimed trying to pull me out of my seat.

"Kay T.T feet hurt, go ask Uncle Aug baby."

"You know Uncle can't dance." She whined poking out her lip.

"This is true." Yanna added snickering.

"Awwwwww shit!!! This my song,girls! Everybody get up!"

We all turned to see Mama Shelia getting down once Return Of The Mack by Mark Morrison blasted through the speakers.

"Come on y'all get up!" She encouraged.

Reluctantly we all got up and made our way towards the dance floor and engaged in a little two step she had started.

"Return of the mack, it is

Return of the mack, come on

Return of the mack, oh my God,

You know that I'll be back, here I am."

The song soon ended and we were all out of breath.

"Uh uh Mar where you going?" Mama Shelia exclaimed as I began walking away.

"Woman my feet hurt."

"Mar can't hang! Come on Kay come dance with grandma."

I laughed and waved them off as I made my way over to August who was having it up with a few of his friends.

"Your mother is trying to kill me." I huffed sitting on his lap.

He repeatedly pecked my lips as he maneuvered his arms around my waist.

"I saw you out there doin ya lil thing. Don't forget bout tonight."

"Oh how could I." I said dramatically, putting my hand over my heart.

I let out a giggle as he smacked his teeth and rolled his eyes. This boy is a trip.

August

I smacked my teeth at Mar slick ass comment. She always playin, faking like she ain't feignin fa a nigga.

"Ya stay trynna play me."

"Naaaah." She dragged out trynna immitate Chief Keef.

I rolled my eyes and continued to have pointless conversation with my niggas, that is until an unexpected guest arrived.

"My nigga ain't that Lani?" Travis questioned.

My head darted towards the front door and Lord and behold it was the devil in the flesh.

I looked up at Mar to see her giving the same confused expression I was giving her.

"Aug-"

"I'm finna handle it, get up."

She rose up off my lap as I began to walk towards the front of the house, however I stopped dead in my tracks when I noticed that nigga Titus was with her. The fuck was this nigga doin out?

I clenched my jaw and went back over to Marli.

"Marli take the girls and go up stairs." I stated full of rage.

"Au-"

"Get the fuck upstairs now." I spat

I stormed off ready to handle this situation. I ain't want the girls or Marli to see the shit that was about to go down. Lani got some fuckin nerve.