Chapter four

Please help this story grow by voting. It's simple, but it helps. Thank you so much for reading..Enjoy!x

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pulled my headphones out of my ears, wrapping them around my iPod as I walked towards my locker. I opened my locker quietly, minding my own business as usual.

“Morning, beautiful!” Marley chirped in my ear. I jumped a little and laughed at her perky attitude. 

“Hi, sunshine.” I smiled, grabbing the necessary books out of my locker, before slamming it shut. “Why so happy? Did Niall glance at you for approximately three seconds this time?”

“Very funny,” she mocked, lightly punching my shoulder. “But no, I just got voted captain of my lacrosse team.”

“That's great.” I said, grinning at her. “You deserve it.”

“It's a lot of work though...I have to be better than all my team members or it'll look really bad, and you know how good Cindy is.” She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, annoyed.

“Cindy is good, yes. But not as good as you, Marles.” I told her truthfully.

Cindy was an uneducated, dumb, blonde who was also a spoiled brat. I never really had a problem with her, but Marley always did, and she would never talk about it, but Cindy put her through a lot. Bullying since elementary and stealing her guys, and just to make it worse, Cindy was almost in a relationship with Niall. To say that Marles hated her would be an understatement. She always ignored her, but Cindy would try and pick fights with her all the time. I always thought it was because she was jealous of Marely and her beauty. Marely didn't know how pretty she truly was. She had the perfect body, because of her athletic side, her naturally curly blonde hair would always lay on top of her shoulders, and then her tan skin made everything come together. 

“But you're obligated to say that. You're my best friend.” She pouted, turning around to walk to class. I walked with her because our classes were on opposite sides of each other.

“Don't hate the truth.” I grinned at her as she giggled. “Behave.” I jokingly told her as she walked into class. Marley mocked me back as I walked into my class, grabbing a fresh pencil out of my bag, and getting ready for the lesson.

I sat down, ignoring the chitter chatter that was already rising from my classmates walking in. One of Harry's friends passed me a kind smile before taking the seat next to me. I cleared my throat, a little taken back by what he did. The guy looked at me, opening his mouth, but the bell rang, interrupting him.

The teacher walked in, screaming for everyone to sit down and take out their notes from last time's class. I obliged and avoided his gaze. I didn't really like to encounter any of the boys from Harry's little group. They were all intimidating.

A note flopped onto my desk, and I turned my head slowly towards the direction it was flung from. His head jerked for me to open and read the note. I froze.

I'm Zayn. I heard you tutor Harry? Can you tutor me in math..??

I gulped, thinking about what to say. Declining would be rude, and I don't know. Judging by his kind eyes and smile it wouldn't be so bad. Zayn had smiled when I looked up at him, pondering what my answer should be. Once I nodded my head, he smiled even wider and whispered his appreciation. Meanwhile, the girls behind me instantly started whispering. I shrunk in my seat, trying to drown out the noises. 

Another note fell on my desk, from the opposite direction of Zayn's and this note, I was terrified of reading. It was from Amber, and she had this smug grin on her face, looking as if she was mentally stabbing me. I reluctantly opened the note, not wanted to seem like a coward, and prepared for my already low self esteem to drop. 

Aw! First Harry and now Zayn? Might as well go for the whole football team Kenz! xoxo

Amber started giggling with her two other friends and my throat went athirst. I hadn't even said a word to Zayn and I'm already being judged.  I let the note lay on my desk while silently begging for the bell to ring. The staring I got from them made me feel like I was a freaking alien. But when the screeching noise blurted, I was the first to leave my homework at my teachers desk and scurry out.

“WAIT!” A voice called from behind me. I came to a stop and turned around. Zayn stared at me in concern and I looked down at the ground. “You okay?”

I nodded and went to turn around again, but he grabbed my shoulder. “Yes?” I tried to seem cool.

“Tonight, my place? Seven?” He asked, referring to our lesson. I nodded, just wanting to get the hell out of that moment before more people would come and devote their unwanted attention to us. I quickly walked down the hallway to enter my next class, when I bumped into, of course, Harry. His height towered over me and I stuttered to say sorry because his eyes were boring into mine. 

“Towel girl.” He smirked, walking around me. I struggled to answer back, because his back was already to me. So, all I ended up doing was enter my music class, a class that I actually didn't like. I was terrible at it. I'm not good at physical...anything. We had to learn instruments and perform and those two were something I would rather die than do.

Although I always pass the tests about composers and such, I wasn't good at the rest. My music teacher was the opposite of a stick in the mud. He was young and very lively. He knew how to play every instrument out there, and everyone liked him.

“Good morning class!” He shouted happily, clapping his hands twice. His bright smile lightened up the room.

All the students happily greeted him back.

“Today's performing Thursday, so--” I raised my hand, and he smiled at me, assuming something else. “Would you like to perform, Macaroni?” He playfully named me. I shook my head vigorously and his face fell. 

“It's Tuesday.” I corrected him, looking down as I felt a blush creep it's way onto my face.

“Well, let's pretend it's Thursday...” He winked, causing the class to erupt with laughter. “Who wants to go?”

Everyone hooted with excitement, flailing their hands in the air. People were so enthusiastic in this class, I kind of enjoyed it. But then again, it always made me look like a stick in the mud. Mr. Obletz, of course, noticed my lack of participation and was often concerned.

“Can I?” A voice said. The class looked to the door, and saw Harry. 

“Sorry kid, only students of this class.”

Harry held up a note and flashed a smirk. “Now I am.”

Did he really just transfer? I could feel all the girls around me mentally dying, and the boys rolling their eyes.

“Very well. Welcome aboard, um?”

“Harry.”

“Harry.” Mr. Obletz gave a warm smile. “Which instrument would you like?”

“Any is fine.” Harry shrugged cockily, obviously enjoying the attention he was gaining from everyone. 

“Oh, so we have a professional?” The teacher said happily. “Why don't you grab the guitar?”

“Kay.” Harry did as told and sat on a stool, facing everyone. He carefully held the guitar and smirked at the audience. He knew he was going to do great. His confidence was inevitable. “I wrote this song with my band and yeah, it's pretty sick.” The girls giggled at his remark, and stared at him, intrigued and with heart eyes. I glanced at Obletz, and he nodded his head. Already taking a liking to the curly haired boy.