Chapter two

Please help this story grow by voting. It's simple, but it helps. Thank you so much for reading..Enjoy!x

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mackenzie's POV

“No, Neel isn't coming.” I closed my locker shut after getting all my history books, walking towards the exit.

“Niall!” Marley corrected, narrowing her eyes in a glare. I refrained from showing how much I didn't care. “So only Harry?”

“Yes, Marles. See you later. Have fun at lacrosse.” I waved at her, and then caught up with my dad in his car.

“Harry agreed, so I hope you have your history books.” He smiled as he pulled out of the school parking lot.

“Yes.” I groaned.

“Come on, one hour and a half, three days a week isn't that bad!”

“I know but-...” My eyes widened. “Did you just say--”

“Kenz--”

“Why can't you do it?” I whined, throwing my head against the seat.

“Suck it up Autumn. Why are you so against this?”

He always used my middle name when he was serious about something, and I instantly inferred I wouldn't win this fight. But that didn't stop me from trying. “Why aren't you? Don't you think he's a bad influence? Dad, you do know the real reason why he was late to your class, right?” I looked at him uncomfortably. His hands gripped the steering wheel tighter as he cleared his throat.

“No, I don't.”

I muffled my laughs, knowing that my dad was clearly feeling very awkward in this situation. He was always like that. He never even gave me the 'talk'. I learned the normal teenager way. Television.

***

As soon as I got home, I turned on the shower and spent my sweet time in there unyil Eva barged on it, yelling for me to get out.

“In a minute!” I screamed, wrapping a towel around myself. I shivered with every step i took, the cold air hitting me as I stepped out from the hot shower. I squeezed the remaining water out of my hair and tip toed out of the bathroom, not wanting to get on Eva's bad side. The more time I spend in there, the more time I'll get hassled about it and I don't have time for that. Her voice irritates me and I've put up with it long enough. I ran into my bedroom and closed it, still slightly trembling. The cold air was stinging my skin unpleasantly. I held my clothes to my chest and turned around--

“Hey there,” a voice said. I squealed, holding my toweld tighter, astonished. I stared at him, finding it hard to process the fact that Harry was in my room, laying down on my bed, and watching me as I stood there in just a towel, a smug smirk planted on his face. I ran out of my room, my face a scarlet red, and slammed my face into the bathroom door. I had forgotten that Eva was in there. Ignoring the pain my face was experiencing at the moment, I peeked back into my room, only to find him chuckling. “It's no problem, you can change in front of me. I don't mind.”

“Please get out and let me change.” I squeaked at him. He was obviously amused at my reaction, because he was bending over with laughter. Harry walked out of my room and I quickly put on some pajamas, annoyed at his appearance. Why was he so early? I opened the door to find him standing against my wall, looking me up and down.

“I actually liked you better in a towel...” He walked back in and sat on my bed with a jump, laying down after, with both hands behind his head.

“Why are you so early? You're supposed to be here at six thirty.” I avoided his eyes, drying my hair with my semi-wet towel. I will never outlive this day.

“Couldn't. Have band practice.” He stated, closing his eyes. He was getting very comfortable on my bed, too comfortable for my liking.

I cocked a brow at him. “My dad let you in?”

“Nope, your back door was open.” He clarified, acting as if it wasn't trespassing.

“You just walked in?” I squinted my eyes at him, appalled.

“Yeah,”

“I don't think my dad will be happy to hear that you basically broke into our house.” I pushed his feet off of my bed, not getting any reaction from him.

“I didn't break in! It was open.” He defended. “Whatever, can we just get to math or something. I've got places to be and people to see.” He rushed me, opening one eye so he could look at me. He was actually very rude and it got me wondering how people tolerate him, because I don't think I can do this 3 days a week. Was extra credit worth it?

“It's history,” I placed the books on the bed, causing the bed to bounce them back up. “And you're failing.”

A dry laugh left his mouth, his face showing no humor. “No fucking shit.”

“We've gotta get your grade up to at least a C minus.” I flipped a random history book open and placed it on his lap, sighing as he stared at it, completely dumbfounded. “Starting with us reading togheter. So, read out loud.”

He furrowed his eyebrows, obviously not too pleased. “What is this? Elementary school? Yeah, no.”

“Can you just read? Neither of us want to be here so why don't we just make the most of it?”