Just the Beginning! Ch. 29

Start from the beginning

Lucario swiftly made a two blue bones with Bone Rush and tossed it over to Sasuke. The stoic Trainer broke it in half with his knee, Lucario doing the same. Both threw it up into the air beside Absol.

The Disaster Pokemon flipped in the air and used Shadow Ball on two pieces of Bone Rush and Dark Pulse on the other. Both exploded into a fit of blue, black, and purple.

Absol then spun, still midair, before (We're going to pretend that Absol can use Swift for performance reasons-) shooting down yellow stars from Swift at the pair still on the ground. Some people in the audience gasped but gazed in awe as both Trainer and pokemon dodged the move swiftly and elegantly. Absol ceased its Swift and landed squarely on its four paws. Yellow sparkles flew close to the floor from the dodged Swift and Sauke and his pokemon bowed. The crowd cheered loudly.

Kim then stepped onto the stage with a smile and mic in hand.

"And that's that! Thank you all for your amazing performances! Now, to all of you in the audience, please take your (whatever those light sticks were called) and cast your votes! The performer with the most points will be crowned Alola's first Alolan Prince or Princess!"

The crowd did just that and colors were lit all around the audience. Lights then flew towards the three performers; light blue for Miette, yellow for Hawk, and purple for Sasuke.

A few moments passed and the votes were finally taken accordingly. Kim grinned.

"Before we reveal the winner, please know that everyone, even those who lost in the first few rounds, all did great! You all have potential and can make it big with hard work! So never give up on that!"

The audience applauded and Kim continued.

"Now for what you've been waiting for! Out of these three performers, one will become Alola's first Prince or Princess and be the role model to the future Alolan performers and coordinators! They all have performed well and, by your casts, the new and first Alolan title goes to..."

(Drum roll plz)

"Sasuke Uchiha!"

The crowd cheered and some whistled. Some winced at the sound of screams and screeches. Newfound fan girls, no doubt.

(So I didn't exactly plan on Sasuke winning, but I decided to go with it since I -for some reason- described his performance better than the others... Also, if you didn't realize, Sasuke is from Naruto)

Sasuke and his pokemon bowed gratefully towards the crowd, his face stoic as ever but his eyes light. Serena, Dawn, May, and Drew stood from the judges' table and headed towards Sasuke and his companions. Miette, Hawk, and their pokemon stood back while Sasuke and his pokemon stood at the stage's center.

Serena held a trophy while Drew carried a crown (courtesy of Palermo) and Dawn and May each had a medal for the Pokemon.

Serena handed Sasuke the trophy and Drew set the crown on his head. (The funny part was Drew struggling to do so since he was taller than him. May snorted a laugh a few times) Dawn and May put the medals around the pokemon's necks. The Coordinators all congratulated the group and gave bits of advice and encouragement. Sasuke was then asked to say a few words. (Cuz why not?)

Kim handed him the mic and Sasuke spoke into it, his voice echoing around hall.

"I guess I could thank my boyfriend for this... He basically dragged me into participating," The raven haired boy deadpanned.

Most of the audience didn't know how to respond to that. A few laughed, fan girls cried, and most stayed silent.

"Sasuke!" A faint, slightly feminine yet still male voice shouted out the new Alolan Prince's name, drawing Ash's attention.

A few rows in front of him sat a spiky haired blonde who seemed slightly annoyed, judging by his body language.

"Either way," Sasuke continued, "me and my pokemon worked hard and trained for this. I'm glad our efforts paid off. We'll continue to work hard to keep our title. Until then, please keep watching us."

(Yes, I ship SasuNaruSasu, if you're uncomfortable, please just ignore that part)

The crowd snapped out of their stupor from that and applauded loudly. Sasuke and his pokemon bowed once again before making their way backstage. Kim handed the mic to Serena who smiled and spoke into it, concluding the event.

"Thank you all for coming to our first Alolan Showcase! And thank you to all of those who participated in the activities. I hope to have Alolan Showcases brought throughout Alola and to the other islands, not just here in Melemele. That way, people can connect and perform with others all around Alola! This is just the beginning, of course! I hope to see you all in the future once again here in this hall, perhaps even on stage! Thank you all again and I wish you safe travels home!"

The only reason that I've been so lagging in updates is because I hate writing performance and battle scenes... *sighs* uses too much reasearch...

On another note, the next chapter will officially be the last of OOA story line (or not). I will keep it up a bit until December to make a Christmas special. After that, the story will finally come to a close! Thanks to all of you who have stuck to this story since the beginning!

If I'm right, today is also this fic's anniversary! So yay to one year! Thanks for the support and I'll do my best to keep updating! Until then!

P.S. Thanks for 12k again!

~Crystal

Word Count: 1650

11/24/18