Chapter 24: Because of You

Mark POV

A few days later I decide to finally muster up the courage and confront Jackson. Convenient for me he gets stuck talking to Professor Yubin after class ends. It's his second to last day at school here at JYP Academy. The other students get out first, leaving Jackson and myself as the last two students in the classroom. By the time he packs his things Professor Yubin has exited the room as well. I see Jackson snarl upon realizing we're the only two in the classroom. He begins to head for the door in a hurry, clearly trying to get away from me. I take my chance and seize the opportunity. I stop and plant myself in the doorway, using my arms and legs to pose myself in a weird position, making sure he has no angle to escape the classroom.

Jackson struggles to try and get around me and leave the room. "Jackson talk to me." He doesn't speak, instead continuing to try and maneuver his way around me to get out of the room. "Jacks don't ignore me. I want to talk to you." It felt weird to call him by his nickname. It's been so long. He finally acknowledges me for the first time in about a week. "Move out of my way Mark." "Not until you talk to me! Why are you moving back to Hong Kong?" "It's none of your business, now out of my way!" We begin to struggle. He's stronger, more muscular than I am. It takes all my energy to hold him back in the room. We both end up losing our balance and he falls on top of me, only leaving a few inches between us.

He tries to use the opportunity to leave but I hold him, pinning his body to mine with a hug. It's been a long time since our bodies were this close. As much as I was worried that someone would see us like this, and as much as I wanted to be mad at Jackson for everything that had happened, I had to talk to him. I couldn't fight myself, I didn't want Jackson to move back to Hong Kong no matter how much drama was between us at the moment. "Jacks I don't want you to move back to Hong Kong." He pauses, stopping his attempt to escape. Our faces only inches away from one another. He coldly looks at me before approaching my face, tightening the gap between us even more. "Why do you care so much?" Before I could answer he cold-heartedly looks into my eyes. My eyes meet him and I suddenly turn red. I've never seen him so cold, so angry. What's happening? "You don't even fucking like me." His words stun me, and I am left flustered. Why do I feel like he just stabbed me with a knife? Catching me off guard he frees himself from my grasp, now standing up. "Jackson, why are you doing this?" He looks down at me one last time. "Because of you." Before I can react he uses this as his moment to escape, running out of the classroom leaving me alone. What have I done to him? This wasn't the Jackson I knew. This really was happening...all because of me?

________________________________________________________________________________

Hehehehehe I loved writing this scene. It was fun. Did you like Mark's desperation to talk to Jackson. I know I did. There's like 6 chapters left :( What do you think will happen?