couleurs changeantes

Everything felt normal earlier that day.

He had been going about his normal business; reading, drawing, or simply pacing around his room and thinking about everything and yet nothing.

And in seconds, it felt like he had been forced to the floor. Pain shot through his chest, his whole body too shaky to do anything other than lay on the floor and writhe.

Tears spilled from his eyes and strings of curses fell from his lips, nails scratching against the floor as he gripped at his chest.

'Fuck... am I having a heart attack or something!?'

He opened his mouth to call for help but all that came forth was a pitiful handful of coughs. He tried again to no avail, the next flurry of hacking having much more force, wracking his already shaking body. The last few coughs came with flecks of purple, sending terror shooting through his already aching chest.

He tried one final time to yell for help, only further welcoming a final wave of awful coughing up blood. His eyes squeezed shut, hands clasping over his mouth in a futile attempt to stop himself, only succeeding in covering his hand in what he assumed to be his own purple blood.

And suddenly, it all stopped.

The ache in his chest went away, his body stopped shaking, and the coughing stopped.

He slowly opened his eyes, removing his hands from his mouth and sitting up with his back pressed against the wall, a wave of fatigue washing over him.

He looked down at his hands, coated in spatters of blood.

But oddly enough, it wasn't purple anymore.

It was blue.