Chapter 1

Emily Hanson

I warmed up a bit by playing a few cords on my guitar.

Today, we're doing a cover on our YouTube channel and I'd be playing my guitar throughout the whole thing.

I was seriously freaking out. What if I messed up and the other girls laughed?

Nah, their my best friends. They'd never do that.

So as you already know, I'm Emily.

I play guitar, sing a little, and write songs for my band.

I don't sing as much as the others, but I really have no problem with that.

Playing guitar suits me better and I'm fine with just joining in on the chorus.

~*Gabriella Lark*~

I was a little upset that I wouldn't be playing my drums today.. But it's cool I guess.

I fixed my hair a bit and adjusted my Nirvana t-shirt.

So.. I'm Gabriella. But don't even fucking address me by that. It isn't punk rock.

Everyone calls me by Gabs or Gabby.

And Tiffany, the fucktard, calls me by Gabby-sahn as if she's some kind of sensei of some sort.

She's a little annoying, and loud.. Very loud, but you get used to it.

She plays bass and and is one of our lead singers.

The other being Katie, who plays guitar as well as Em.

Katie's a bit of a rebel.. but she's also badass.

"Hey! Katie's here! We can start now!" Tiffany practically screamed in joy.

~*Tiffany Garza*~

"Katie! Took you long enough! C'mon, we've got to do the cover and upload it on our channel!" I yelled across the basement.

See, we practice and upload our videos in my house.

The basement was a typical basement.

It was like.. A man cave.

But... A woman cave.

~*Katie Harris*~

I took my place on the 1/4 beanbag chairs set in front of Tiffany's laptop.

I pulled my guitar out from its case and looked straight at the computer.

"Is everyone ready?" Tiffany asked. We all replied with a "yea" and right as she was about to press the button to start recording she shrieked.

"I forgot my bandana!" She ran upstairs and not even 20 seconds later, came back in with a red bandana on her curly, brown hair, matching her Green Day shirt.

Tiffany was... Kind of obsessed with wearing bandanas.

But really, she only does it because Ashton Irwin wears them.

"Okay.. In 5..4..3..2.." She clicked it and immediately Emily started strumming on her guitar.

I went along with the rhythm and waited for the intro to be over,

"I drove by all the places we used to hang out getting wasted."

I went along singing and playing my guitar.

"And even though my friends tell you I'm doing fine, I'm somewhere feeling lonely even though he's right beside me.

When he says those words that hurt me, I read the ones you wrote me.

I know you start to wonder, 'Was it just a lie?' If what we had was real, how could I be fine?

But I'm not fine at all."

Everyone joined in for the chorus and we sang in melody.

Soon enough, it was time for the second verse and Tiffany took the lead,

"The pictures that you sent me, they're still livin' in my phone. I'll admit I like to see them; I'll admit I feel alone.

All your friends keep asking why you're not around.

It hurts you to know I'm happy; yeah, it hurts that I've moved on.

But, it's still hard to hear your name when I haven't seen you in so long."

She continued with her eyes closed and her head moving to the sound of Emily and I playing.

The chorus passed once again and Gabby took the bridge,

"If today I woke up with you right beside me, like all of this was just some twisted dream, I'd hold you closer than I ever did before.

And I'd never slip away. And you'd never hear me say,"

We sang the chorus once more and Emily finished of the song.

" 'but I'm not fine at all. No I'm really not fine at all.

Tell me this is just a dream, 'cause I'm really not fine at all."

We all paused for a second to take a breath before Gabby spoke up, "That was our cover of Amnesia by our idols, 5 Seconds of Summer. It was in a girl's perspective. Hope ya' liked; Give this vid a thumbs up!"

"Also our cover of "Ignorance" by Paramore is now available on iTunes!" Em cheered.

"Yep! Tune in next week to hear our new single for the first time!" Tiffany grinned.

"Until then! We're Wink Without Charm and bye now!"

We pressed to stop button and uploaded it onto YouTube.

I breathed out, "I think we did really good today."

"I know! It went exactly how we rehearsed!"

We settled down and flicked the tv on.