25: Unexpected

Squirrel's POV

His heartbeat was finally back to normal after the use of the defibrillator and now I just have to wait. I can't deny the fact that it was such a nerve wrecking experience since I witnessed it all, it took a long time to bring him back. I cried countless of times feeling hopeless and thought that I might actually lose him. I opened my eyes and no luck, he still hasn't move a muscle nor open his eyes. The tubes were finally gone after the long wait. I held his hand as I look at his handsome features despite the healing bruises.

"I'm happy to hear you breathing again," I closed my eyes for a few seconds and opened it again just to be greeted with a smiling yoda. My eyes glistened with happy tears streaming down.

"Can I open my eyes everyday from now on just to see a beautiful girl staring back at me? Am I in heaven? If I am, please don't send me back," I scowled at his jokes. He lifted his upper body up while wincing in the process and caressed my cheeks with his thumb. "Don't cry, I hate seeing you cry,"

I shook my head whilst smiling and gently tackled him in a hug which he returned. I nested my head on the crook of his neck. "Gosh you don't know how much I miss you and how long I've waited to do this,"

We continued to embrace each other, enjoying one another's warmth, I miss doing this with him. A few knocks disrupted us from our moment so I stood up to open the door. A nurse came in for his daily check up; injecting him medicines and all that. I didn't like the way she looks at him at all.

"Oh you finally woke up, you look very handsome," She gave him a flirtatious smile as he returned his charming one. It got me furious; this is why I hate female nurses.

I faked a cough but she didn't seem to notice so I coughed louder this time, "Just finish what you're gonna do, this is not a place to flirt." Call me possessive but I don't care. She looked at me with a forced smile while saying, "Yes ma'am."

After the nurse finished with the check up, Tzuyu bursted out laughing while I faced him with a puzzled look, "What?"

"I-It's nothing you just look so cute when you're jealous," He wiped his tears from laughing and gestured me to come towards him so I did. He held my head with his hands and planted a kiss with his soft lips on my forehead. "Don't mind them, I'm all yours."

"Are you hungry?" He nod, "I'll go home and cook for you," I was about to leave but his hand prevented me from doing so.

"No stay with me I'll just eat hospital food," I obliged. The door opened revealing two couples with plastic bags of food but then stood there with eyes wide open.

"Jagiyaaaaa~ You're finally awake I miss you," Chae faked a sob as he ran to Tzuyu after plopping the plastic bags on the table. Tzuyu laughed at his best friend's weirdness while I just shrugged though the penguin is not having it.

"You little dwarf! Let the poor guy have his rest," Mina approached Chae as she dragged him by his ear causing the poor guy to beg for her to stop.

"On a serious note, how are you?" Chae asked as he try to lessen the pain coming from his ears.

"I'm doing fine specially with this Squirrel beside me," He flashed a warm smile melting my insides. "He's arrested right?" His tone and face expression became serious.

"Yeah Dahyun informed us and even his men owned up to the police," Tzuyu's mouth formed an 'o' shape as he nod. "Didn't expect for him to help you out,"

"Me neither, guess he isn't as bad as before," Chae grabbed the plastic bags and placed it on the table that was attached to the hospital bed. We started to dig in with me feeding Tzuyu and myself.

We caught up with one another after the incident. We laughed with each other like the good old times before disaster happened and I'm so happy the old us are back. I'm also happy to see Tzuyu again without having to avoid him, but it was for his safety although this still happened.

What made me even happier is that I get to spend my last year of highschool with my long time crush. They bid goodbye after visiting so I cleaned up the mess and sat next to where I previously was. "Chewy-ah do you happen to know this girl?" I showed him a childhood picture of me.

He thought about it for awhile before nodding his head with doubt, "Maybe? Well actually I do, I remember witnessing her being bullied for her appearance which made me really mad. She looked so cute though. Why, is she-" He grabbed my phone and looked at the picture while looking back at me and back to the picture.

"Don't tell me, that's... you?" I nod shyly, "How come I hardly see you?"

"I don't really like being in the crowd so I prefer being in the school library,"

He stared at me for awhile, "I have to confess something, who knew you were actually the first girl I fell in love with. Little me couldn't get your cute face off his mind and tried his best to try and find that cute little face but he sadly couldn't though he kept trying," He blushed and I find it so adorable, "I- uh, well I actually stalked you for awhile when I saw you enter the library. To be honest I thought it was just some silly crush but you kept invading my mind since then," He scratched his nape giving me a sheepish smile.

"R-really...?" Now it was my turn to blush. I tried easing the awkward tension so I pinched his cheeks as I stretched it a little, "You're so cuuuute~" I scrunched my face showing how bad I want to stretch it further. I let go and saw it jiggle making me chuckle.

"I'm only letting you do this because it's you," He puffed his cheeks as he massaged them. "It's getting late, come here I wanna cuddle with you tonight,"

"Are you sure? The bed doesn't seem like it'll be able to fit us,"

"It's okay I wanna cuddle with you, please?" He begged showing his puppy eyes making me melt. Who could resist? I laid down next to him as he rested his chin on top of my head, embracing me with his muscular arms that makes me feel safe. "Goodnight my baby Squirrel,"