Chapter 9

(Ricks P.O.V.)

Carl was always trying to help, but this time is different, it was too dangerous. "No!" He wont stop argueing. "Dad im 14 now! I can take care of myself! Comon, Haileys in trouble and I want to help" He was so desperate to help, so I just let him. "Fine" I sighed, "be quiet and careful" Carl nodded in response and started walking up the stairs. He checked the first door to the right while me and Daryl stood outside the door. Beth was waiting downstairs keeping guard for walkers.

We checked all the rooms and saw no sign of Hailey or her dad. Daryl was getting worried, only Hailey, Merle and him know what kind if man he is, and fear is not something you ever really see in Daryl, and that made me scared. I cared about Hailey, shes more to me than she thinks she is.

Me and Daryl were surprised to find nobody at all. We were almost certain that Hailey was safe. Haileys strong. Not even her dad could break her down. We were scared for Hailey. Shes gone in a world of rampant death. Shes only 14. We had no choice but to go out and look for her.

(30 MINUTES LATER)

"She couldn't have gone this far" said Carl. He got a response of silence and kept walking. I left Hailey's bow at the house with all of her stuff incase she went back, and a note saying we would be back. We couldn't find her dad either, but we think he's out looking for her too.

(Haileys P.O.V.)

Me, Trevor, Jamie and Jake were trying to find our way back to where Rick Daryl Beth and Carl are. I remember my way back, but It was a very very long walk to get here. I took a look at Trevor and some kind of feeling went through me. A feeling I used to feel when I saw Ethan everyday. I miss Ethan so much, and I dont even realize it, Ive actually forgotten about him for a while, but I do still love him. But not as much as I used to, and that hurt. About an hour passed and we were back at the house, but I was scared to go in. I mean my dad could still be in there. But all I could think about was the safety of my family. Carl being my bestfriend, made me even more worried, in the same house as my dad. I had Trevor with me though, so I felt safe. Without my bow I feel weak and powerless. My bow is my strength. I slowly open the door and let my little group inside. I closed the door so slow it was silent. I didn't want to make noise just incase my dad was in hiding or something. We all stayed together in a group. Back to back. We went upstairs and checked all the rooms and saw nothing. So I decided to just call out to them. "Daryl?" I kind of yelled softly. I heard no response so I tried moving to a different floor. "Rick?" Again no response. I was getting worried. Did they leave me? I know Daryl wouldn't have left me, but the others could have made him believe I was dead or something. All I thought about was the negative. I didn't think positive in these situations. The first thing I could think of was what I believed, and I believe they left me behind. "They aren't here" I said quietly to Trevor. I started to tear up a little, I was heart broken. "What if I cant find them ever again?" I said fast and rushed. "Hailey don't talk like that" Trevor was always the reassuring one. "We'll find them" He said while walking towards me. I nodded sadly and Trevor wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me tightly. A rush of something went through me as soon as his grip tightened around me. It felt good. I liked it. I tightened my grip around him and then started to sob. I tried not to but I couldn't hold it in forever. It felt good to let it all go.

We took a look around the place to see what was left behind. I walked up to the bathroom and saw nothing but a bottle of old lotion on the side of the bathtub. I went to the room where I woke up from my surgery and saw my bow and arrows. I practically jumped on it. Excitedly I ran downstairs to Trevor and Jake. "Trevor check it out!" I held out my bow and arrows and his eyes widened. "Is this your old bow!?" He seemed excited too, and that made me smile. Jake got up and stood beside me. "May I see this for a second?" I handed him the bow and his face lit up. "You a good archer?" Jake looked up and nodded yes. "I used to go to my uncles farm for shooting practices, he said I was a natural. Trevor told me about you one time, said you were one of the best archers in the world" He smiled towards Trevor and then smiled at me. "I actually got WAY better" I emphasized the word "way". Trevor shook his head then looked at me. "You mean to tell me that you are better now then before?" He laughed and grabbed the bow from Jake, placing it in my hands. I don't think he believed me, he gave me a smirk and looked me straight in the eye. "Prove it".

(Hey readerz😜 my chapers are getting longer and school is getting closer😊 School means more writting😄 I hope you like this chapter, its more of a filler and just to catch up, the next couple chapters will be full of action and excitement😄 LIKE AND COMMENT!!!)