Chapter 3

Daryls P.O.V.

         We left our little cabin we held up at last night, and started walking to the prison. I heard a groan come from behind me. I turn around and see Hailey on the ground with the deer and blood everywhere. "Hailey!?" I yelled, putting the deer down, I ran towards her. I faught the erge to cry but Dixons dont cry. That's what I always told her when she gets upset. Her sadness turns to anger and shes a feisty one. Remembering the situation i'm in, I check Hailey for any wounds and When I turned her over, she had a stab wound in her right hip. "Who did it?!"."Whoever it was they ran away. It's not bad is it?" she said almost laughing. "Don't it hurt?" I spit with a sad grin. "Eh, been through it before. this is nothing" When she said that my heart stopped and I swear I died inside. "You- you mean, you've been stabbed before?" she nodded a yes then picked herself up. She picked up the deer and asked "u comin'?". "yea" I shot back".

            About a mile later we came apon a little river with a bridge going over it. Behind the bridge was a huge Metal fence that surrounded the prison. Hailey trailed behind me and gasped when she saw what I called home."You live here?" she said softly. "Er' day"i said, she laughed at that. I havnt heard her laugh in 4 years. Its so different. "Sooo when do i get to meet em'?" she said rocking herslef back and forth with her hands held behind her back. "Now" I lead her through the gates that were opened my Maggie, and we entered the prison.

      Haileys P.O.V.

           We walked into the prison and there were people everywhere outside and in. Daryl took me to a room with only a few people, just under ten maybe, and sat me down at the end of a long table. "Whos this?" a man with dark curly hair was questioning. "This- this is my sister". Everyone sat in silence, broke by an old man. "You have a sister? how old?" . Me and Daryl exchange glances and I blurt out  "14". Everyone in the room exchanges looks then their eyes transfer back to me. "Before we ask you any questions ill intorduce us. Im Rick, thats Hershel, Glenn, Maggie, Carol, T-dog, Sasha and Tyrese" he said while pointing to each individual.

"Now whats your story, how did u survive by yourself?" that question made me sick to my stomache. Just thinking about surviving in this world is gut wrenching. " The only weapon I use is my crossbow and knife. Usually I find houses to camp in for the night. I usually have a different place to stay every night. When this first started, I saw a man run out of a tank in the city. I tried to yell but then I realized that every walker in the city would be going after me. He could have helped me, that was the only living person ive seen till now" some people gasped but others didnt. "What?" I was curious as to why they reacted as they did. Then Glenn - I think... still learning names- said that was Rick running out of the tank. I was actually upset with myself. I could have been here a long time ago.

          "So you and Daryl... were you guys close?" Rick asked me. Everyone stareing at Daryl and I. "We were very close. Merle and I , we never got along. If Daryl has ever told you about our family, you would know it was rough, but I got through it with the help of Daryl. If it wernt for Daryl Id probably be dead right now. Beaten to death by my own father. Daryl doesnt know what Ive been through. Its unimaginable. I dont want people to know what Ive gone through, but Daryl deserves to know. Hes his father too"

Everyone nodded in agreement. "We understand" Hershel said with a sad grin.

            I stood up and Rick asked me to follow him. I did. Then he told me to sit down. We were in a cell and I was sitting on one of the beds. "How many walkers have you killed?" "Uhm too many to count" I said feeling accomplished. "How many people have you killed?" another question making me sick to my stomache. "O-one" I answered shakily. "Why" trying to come up with the courage to answer, I blurt out "I lied about not seeing living people Rick. About a couple months after I saw you in the tank, There was a group of guys maybe 16 year olds. there were 5 of them. I stayed with them for about a year. Then somebody attacked on a run, some place called Woodbury was where I was held captive. I got away and havnt seen anyone till I saw Daryl". "You did the right thing. You're welcome to stay."