{3} "I'll be back before sundown!"

***

***

I let out a sigh as I walked around my small apartment. I had woken up a few minutes ago and I still wasn't fully awake yet. I'm not really a morning person, to be completely honest. It always took me a while to wake up fully and actually know what's going on around me. I walked over to the pan on the stove and checked my breakfast, bacon, and eggs, to see if it was done. It was almost there, but not yet.

When the food was finally done, I sprinkled some herbs on top of it. I smiled as I stared down at the beautiful food that I was about to eat, "That should do it," I got the food off of the stove when someone started knocking at the door, "Come on in!" I called out.

The landlady walked in with a tray of bread. She had a huge smile on her face, "Good morning, Emiko! Here, I have your fresh-baked bread."

I smiled at her as I plated my food, "That looks amazing!"

She walked inside and set it on my desk, "I'll leave it right here."

I grabbed the cureall that I made for her and walked over to her, "I got something here for you too."

She gasped and leaned forward to smell it, "There smalls so good. It looks like a cure-all."

"It will make your skin a lot smoother," I told her.

The landlady laughed and took it from me, "That'd be nice," She exclaimed. She made her way out of the apartment and I followed her to the door, "Do you enjoy living in Clarines so far?"

I nodded, "Absolutely. I've been meaning to look for a job. I might start today." I've been meaning to get one because without money, I wouldn't be able to live here or buy food. I needed food, okay? My life would be miserable without it. I also kind of need it to live so...

"Sounds like a smart plan. After all, if we wanna eat, we have to work, don't we?" I nodded with a smile, "Good luck! Have a great day!"

"You too!" I called out to her as she walked away. I closed my front door and went to eat my breakfast. I couldn't wait to see what today was going to have in store for me. Hopefully, I could find a job today.

***

It was still a little early when I left for job hunting. The streets were a little crowded, but it was something that I could handle. People were talking, kids were playing, everybody had bright smiles on their faces. It was like a breath of fresh air. I had a list of all of the available jobs with me. I sadly wasn't seeing anything that would suit me, though.